From 2012-03-02 to 2012-03-31
- 03:31 PM Bug #1489 (In Progress): Back out e84402006fa5 - 1436 Installation does not need to ask Root Password
- prestable2 asks for root password again but still seems to expire that root password.
- 03:15 PM Bug #1134: distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- From what I can recall, the changes to the boot archive script were to:
* Add jack to sudoers
* Add several authori...
- 02:42 PM Bug #1134 (In Progress): distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- Can you elaborate on what these hacks are please; are they in any public repos?
Note to self: Still need to set o...
- 02:56 PM Bug #2161: rebuild illumos-gate for OI after openssl upgrades
- Just to keep track... m2crypto no longer needs bumping to be able to cope with openssl v1 after it got bumped in the...
- 02:38 PM Bug #1632 (Resolved): meld doesn't work ootb
- Fixed in prestable2 including newer meld (1.4.0) and dependency on python-gnome-libs-26.
- 02:35 PM Bug #2098 (Resolved): users created by 'useradd -m' can't use ssh keys
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:30 PM Bug #1591: nvidia is missing some device aliases
- The driver was updated in prestable2 but it doesn't look like this device ID was added so still an issue.
- 02:22 PM Bug #1628 (Resolved): Manifests still refer to pkg.openindiana.org/stable
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:15 PM Bug #2174 (Resolved): pkg:/database/postgres-84/library should depend on pkg:/firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:12 PM Feature #2230 (Resolved): pkgbuild 1.3.104
- Updated in prestable2
- 02:11 PM Bug #2446 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- Updated to 295.33 in prestable2
- 12:28 AM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- I've updated the system to oi_151a2 with "pkg update" and it worked along nicely with the hierarchical root, includin...
- 12:19 AM Bug #2564 (Closed): pkg(5) download MB counter ends with strange characters
- 05:17 PM Feature #2561 (Closed): Packaging: make "g-links" to more common GNU utilities
- There are some Sun and GNU versions of similar UNIX utilities with noticeably different behaviour, such as (but not l...
- 11:29 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Okay, there is no beadm magic. Only "/sbin/sh" remains as the single problem for split-dataset root environments.
- 09:26 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Additional experiment regarding the internal magic of beadm: starting with my split root hierarch described above, I ...
- 07:03 PM Feature #829 (Feedback): Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
After a while I got another machine to test the split-root hierarchy with, now with oi_151a release, and ...
- 09:01 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Milan - The closure of this ticket was based due to near duplicate of #564 which was requested over a year ago:
- 06:48 PM Bug #2156 (Feedback): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Ken, please, do not close issues if they are not solved. Either close this as duplicate of some other issue or delive...
- 03:20 PM Bug #2156 (Resolved): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Milan - The Illumos team is already looking into Broadcom support of new hardware, but users can use the workaround b...
- 11:29 AM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- Best to install Solaris 11 on one of your test machines and try to reduplicate your hardware issue from there using t...
- 10:52 AM Bug #2446 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33 to resolve these bugs reported below other users.
Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- 11:07 PM Bug #580: Xorg failure when using the radeon driver with ATI Juniper GPU on oi_b148
- See https://www.illumos.org/issues/1524 for possible resolution. KMS support needed in kernel for full feature support.
- 07:05 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- Ken, thanks for looking into this. I understand your reasons for closing this item -- heck, I can't even reproduce i...
- 03:20 PM Bug #1625 (Closed): Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- Marion - I checked for this issue. IMHO, install Solaris 11 and check OS stability from that point. I 'closed' this t...
- 03:19 PM Bug #2156 (Feedback): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- As the issue was reported on OI and Illumos and OI share the same bug tracking system, the report cannot be rejected ...
- 02:54 PM Bug #2156 (Rejected): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- OI does not provide new Wifi driver support directly. Please request this through Illumos project.
- 02:59 PM Bug #1939 (Rejected): IBM T42,terminal bell sound causes system freeze for 1 minute
- Rejected. OI doesn't provide direct support for the audio drivers. Please file this under the Illumos project.
- 02:47 PM Bug #1934 (Rejected): Fan is always on
- AMD Radeon HD is no longer officially supported under OI at this time (mainly due to lack of KMS in Illumos). See: ht...
- 02:25 PM Bug #2424 (Closed): Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- 02:18 PM Bug #2424 (Rejected): Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- See: https://www.illumos.org/issues/862
I created binary ATI Radeon 6.14.6 drivers for oi_151a. There was someone pl...
- 12:26 PM Feature #2441 (New): Failsafe boot option
- OpenSolaris SXCE releases, as well as Solaris 10, included a "Failsafe boot" environment.
It was basically a RAMDisk...
- 05:21 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- By the way, on oi_151a2 no utmp just utmpx...
- 05:19 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- According to utmp.h...
- 02:47 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- Isn't utmp obsolete (in favor of utmpx)?...
- 05:02 PM Bug #2428 (Closed): imagemagick missing directory
- I ran into the following error, running oi151a2, ImageMagick installed from the default repository....
- 09:28 PM Bug #2424: Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- Because radeonhd driver bundled with OI does not support Radeon HD6xxx yet, Xorg tried to use generic VESA module and...
- 04:20 PM Bug #2424 (Closed): Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- I was trying to install it on my HP341 with ATi Radeon HD6470M but I see login console. Unfortunately, I lost the err...
- 08:21 AM Feature #1233: Bind 9.8 with RFC 5011 DNSSEC root key already defined
Bind 9.9 was released on the 29th February and includes the following improvements detailed below and includes...
- 08:01 PM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- No, I haven't... unfortunately this is not really an alternative in our environment. Iscsi maybe, but I prefer not....
- 11:41 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- Have you compared behavior for NFS?
- 04:42 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
1. I imagine the issue involved is *much much* more than just the issues /var/adm/utmp database and the utmp utilit...
- 02:38 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- This goes back to ancient days; specifically /var/adm/utmp has fixed width fields and is limited to just 8 characters...
- 11:34 AM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- daniel kho wrote:
> I'm not sure why this restriction in the first place, but I'm guessing it's something to do with...
- 11:38 AM Bug #2137: Losing FC Initiator after rebooting initiator
- Given the difficulty of the issue, have you asked for support on email@example.com? OI isn't in a position ...
- 11:30 AM Bug #1664: /usr/perl5/bin needs to be split into its own package
- Josef Sipek wrote:
> If we update pkg in /dev to the 173 backport, then we can use mediated symlinks - to let the us...
- 11:27 AM Feature #1233: Bind 9.8 with RFC 5011 DNSSEC root key already defined
- bind is pending upgrade, but likely not to the latest and greatest. We are also looking at providing root key automat...
- 10:03 AM Bug #1530: perl-584 should be obsoleted rather than renamed
- This allows broken packaging to go unnoticed, and having dependencies on 5.8.4 survive means that removing the placeh...
- 10:01 AM Bug #2417 (Closed): remove python 2.4
- Python 2.4 is unsupported and has security issues. Once the handful of dependencies are transitioned, it should be re...
- 10:00 AM Bug #2416 (Closed): transition remaining python dependencies to 2.6
- There are a handful of dependencies on python 2.4 left, one of which is onbld, which should now be able to convert. I...
- 09:57 AM Bug #2415 (Closed): upgrade system perl from 5.10 to 5.12
- There are a number of security issues with 5.10 that aren't patched because it's no longer supported. illumian has al...
- 09:52 AM Bug #752 (Feedback): add default iscsi ports to /etc/inet/services
- This needs an upstream issue/fix.
- 08:12 PM Feature #2144 (Feedback): RSS feed for torrents
- I use flexget for similar broadcatching functionality.
- 08:10 PM Bug #2232 (Rejected): No kclient
- 08:04 PM Feature #208 (Feedback): Support GPT
- This isn't simply a Caiman issue: the illumos kernel doesn't boot off GPT and/or EFI. This needs to be addressed in t...
- 08:02 PM Bug #1537 (In Progress): CVE-2011-3192
- 08:02 PM Bug #1537: CVE-2011-3192
- This is pending a patch in illumos-userland and will be back-ported to OI from there.
- 08:00 PM Feature #1806 (In Progress): Separate "tzdata" and "tzcode" from SUNWcs into separate packages
- This has already been done in the illumos upstream and should be pulled into the oi sustaining repo for the latest pr...
- 03:31 PM Bug #1179: ZFS time-slider and auto-snapshots not working due to missing zfssnap-roleadd SMF service
- It clearly doesn't work on a fresh 151a install here
- 12:11 PM Bug #2168 (Closed): samba 3.5.5 major winbind bug
- A fixed package is available: firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-1.1:20111010T030218Z in oi-experimental. The work in t...
- 11:27 AM Bug #1441 (Rejected): cpqary3 driver is old and causes panic in oi_151
- Rejected, due to "won't fix" status due to HP licensing restrictions.
- 01:18 PM Bug #2347 (Closed): file-roller borks on networks archives
- I could swear this used to work fine...
I have different type of archives (zip, gz, bz2, 7z) on network file systems...
- 07:06 AM Bug #2274 (Feedback): Click after shutdown
- Do you mean you hear "beep" during reboot?
Do you have the lastest BIOS version applied on your laptop?
- 02:24 PM Bug #2274 (Closed): Click after shutdown
- After rebooting my laptop (HP Compaq CQ56) heard a "click", the same as
after the emergency shutdown of a button (bu...
- 02:26 PM Bug #2271 (New): CIFS clients fail to authenticate when idmap is using IDMU
- I joined my OI box to AD successfully
root@staypuft:~# smbadm list
- 07:56 PM Bug #2168 (In Progress): samba 3.5.5 major winbind bug
- Updating samba to 3.5.12 resolves this ticket.
- 07:42 PM Bug #415 (Closed): pkg:/email@example.com broken
- Closed per user's review.
- 06:39 PM Feature #1721: libfuse and ntfs-3g can be part of OpenIndiana, available at install, rather than installed from sfe repo
- Yes please have NTFS-3g in OI.
That's pretty much the only reason I prefer Ubuntu vs OI now.
- 08:35 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- That is not list of supported HW but overview of all known HW in one public cross-platform data file. I am sorry it h...
- 12:40 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Hi, I recently found out BCM4313 was listed in upstream from Oracle:
- 07:45 PM Bug #2232: No kclient
- Sorry, feel free to close. I found the right package.
- 06:01 PM Bug #2232 (Rejected): No kclient
- kclient should be installed, but I can't find it...
# pkg search kclient
INDEX ACTION VALUE PACKA...
- 07:29 PM Feature #2230 (Resolved): pkgbuild 1.3.104
- New pkgbuild released with many fixes.
- 11:53 AM Bug #372 (Feedback): console-kit-daemon errors during boot
- I'm getting the following trying to VNC into a oi_151a2 server :
(first the last part of booting up after upgrading ...
- 10:27 PM Bug #2225: No documentation or default instance for nis/client or nis/server
- No, I'm just an idiot, it configures a default instance and I hadn't rebooted into the new BE.
That said, I still ...
- 10:18 PM Bug #2225 (Closed): No documentation or default instance for nis/client or nis/server
- In oi_151a (and presumably oi_148, 151a2, etc), you can install system/network/nis, but it does nothing to configure ...
- 09:22 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- My system was in this state again when I came in to work this morning. I can confirm that (according to "intrstat 1"...
- 06:40 PM Bug #1975: in.named.1m not found
- Since my patch was not integrated yet I've created a new patch for illumos-userland
Also available in: Atom