From 2012-03-18 to 2012-04-16
- 10:31 PM Bug #2629: oi_148 image-update fails
- Putting this in the pkg subcat since, if anything, the only saen fix is probably to back-publish a pkg that understands.
- 09:56 PM Bug #2629 (Resolved): oi_148 image-update fails
- 01:17 PM Bug #1871: time() returns zero (and occasionally 1 or 2)
- FWIW this is happening in Solaris 11 too. It's CR7121035 and seems to be mostly ignored there too.
- 05:37 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Doing this:...
- 04:18 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I have no idea what got changed here between a2 and a3, either regarding illumos, regarding KVM, or regarding qemu.
- 02:16 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Title should be "qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure"... seems I don't have permissions to cha...
- 02:15 AM Bug #2626 (Resolved): qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- In oi151a3, qemu-kvm is getting stuck running virtual machines (windows xp, 7 or linux) with the following output str...
- 04:44 PM Feature #2623: Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- SOME FURTHER DETAILS
This post further describes the IP tunneling driver used by OpenVPN on various platforms, and...
- 01:58 PM Feature #2623 (Rejected): Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- SHORT PITCH:
Many users have implemented the free OpenSSL-based VPN solution in their networks - OpenVPN servers a...
- 12:07 PM Bug #1530 (Resolved): perl-584 should be obsoleted rather than renamed
- Fixed in prestable2
- 07:40 AM Feature #2622: wiki openindiana - prestable2
- BTW, in contrast to the current web interface to the mirrored source repositories, the mercurial repository of, for e...
- 07:34 AM Feature #2622 (Closed): wiki openindiana - prestable2
- can't seem to make comments on openindiana wiki
Would it be possible to add the changeset revision number to the n...
- 02:12 AM Bug #1591 (Resolved): nvidia is missing some device aliases
- Nvidia NVS 4200M is listed within the 295.33 driver release note of supported products:
"NVS Series (Notebooks): NVS...
- 02:29 PM Bug #2617 (New): /etc/profile could use modernisation
- In particular, /usr/sbin/quota gets called by default, which on a system with many ZFS filesystems delays the login q...
- 05:36 AM Feature #2592: vfs mounts not available in firefox (10)?
- Just had a surprise, what *does* seem to work is the print widget when printing to a file, here I seem to be able to ...
- 06:59 AM Feature #2592 (Closed): vfs mounts not available in firefox (10)?
- as the title says, I'm curious how to enable (or fix) the absence of vfs mounts (via nautilus).
The following scre...
- 06:42 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- On the other hand, if you can indicate a temporary incantation that's safe, I could test rapidly and report back. so...
- 01:22 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Well, there is one more quirk that "beadm" could improve on in regard to such split-dataset root support: when clonin...
- 07:57 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- > Best to install Solaris 11 on one of your test machines and try to
> reduplicate your hardware issue from there us...
- 09:31 PM Bug #2415: upgrade system perl from 5.10 to 5.12
- List of dependencies:
- 09:16 PM Bug #2417: remove python 2.4
- List with name, dependency, and consolidation information
- 03:31 PM Bug #1489 (In Progress): Back out e84402006fa5 - 1436 Installation does not need to ask Root Password
- prestable2 asks for root password again but still seems to expire that root password.
- 03:15 PM Bug #1134: distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- From what I can recall, the changes to the boot archive script were to:
* Add jack to sudoers
* Add several authori...
- 02:42 PM Bug #1134 (In Progress): distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- Can you elaborate on what these hacks are please; are they in any public repos?
Note to self: Still need to set o...
- 02:56 PM Bug #2161: rebuild illumos-gate for OI after openssl upgrades
- Just to keep track... m2crypto no longer needs bumping to be able to cope with openssl v1 after it got bumped in the...
- 02:38 PM Bug #1632 (Resolved): meld doesn't work ootb
- Fixed in prestable2 including newer meld (1.4.0) and dependency on python-gnome-libs-26.
- 02:35 PM Bug #2098 (Resolved): users created by 'useradd -m' can't use ssh keys
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:30 PM Bug #1591: nvidia is missing some device aliases
- The driver was updated in prestable2 but it doesn't look like this device ID was added so still an issue.
- 02:22 PM Bug #1628 (Resolved): Manifests still refer to pkg.openindiana.org/stable
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:15 PM Bug #2174 (Resolved): pkg:/database/postgres-84/library should depend on pkg:/email@example.com
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:12 PM Feature #2230 (Resolved): pkgbuild 1.3.104
- Updated in prestable2
- 02:11 PM Bug #2446 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- Updated to 295.33 in prestable2
- 12:28 AM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- I've updated the system to oi_151a2 with "pkg update" and it worked along nicely with the hierarchical root, includin...
- 12:19 AM Bug #2564 (Closed): pkg(5) download MB counter ends with strange characters
- 05:17 PM Feature #2561 (Closed): Packaging: make "g-links" to more common GNU utilities
- There are some Sun and GNU versions of similar UNIX utilities with noticeably different behaviour, such as (but not l...
- 11:29 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Okay, there is no beadm magic. Only "/sbin/sh" remains as the single problem for split-dataset root environments.
- 09:26 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Additional experiment regarding the internal magic of beadm: starting with my split root hierarch described above, I ...
- 07:03 PM Feature #829 (Feedback): Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
After a while I got another machine to test the split-root hierarchy with, now with oi_151a release, and ...
- 09:01 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Milan - The closure of this ticket was based due to near duplicate of #564 which was requested over a year ago:
- 06:48 PM Bug #2156 (Feedback): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Ken, please, do not close issues if they are not solved. Either close this as duplicate of some other issue or delive...
- 03:20 PM Bug #2156 (Resolved): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Milan - The Illumos team is already looking into Broadcom support of new hardware, but users can use the workaround b...
- 11:29 AM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- Best to install Solaris 11 on one of your test machines and try to reduplicate your hardware issue from there using t...
- 10:52 AM Bug #2446 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33 to resolve these bugs reported below other users.
Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- 11:07 PM Bug #580: Xorg failure when using the radeon driver with ATI Juniper GPU on oi_b148
- See https://www.illumos.org/issues/1524 for possible resolution. KMS support needed in kernel for full feature support.
- 07:05 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- Ken, thanks for looking into this. I understand your reasons for closing this item -- heck, I can't even reproduce i...
- 03:20 PM Bug #1625 (Closed): Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- Marion - I checked for this issue. IMHO, install Solaris 11 and check OS stability from that point. I 'closed' this t...
- 03:19 PM Bug #2156 (Feedback): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- As the issue was reported on OI and Illumos and OI share the same bug tracking system, the report cannot be rejected ...
- 02:54 PM Bug #2156 (Rejected): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- OI does not provide new Wifi driver support directly. Please request this through Illumos project.
- 02:59 PM Bug #1939 (Rejected): IBM T42,terminal bell sound causes system freeze for 1 minute
- Rejected. OI doesn't provide direct support for the audio drivers. Please file this under the Illumos project.
- 02:47 PM Bug #1934 (Rejected): Fan is always on
- AMD Radeon HD is no longer officially supported under OI at this time (mainly due to lack of KMS in Illumos). See: ht...
- 02:25 PM Bug #2424 (Closed): Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- 02:18 PM Bug #2424 (Rejected): Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- See: https://www.illumos.org/issues/862
I created binary ATI Radeon 6.14.6 drivers for oi_151a. There was someone pl...
- 12:26 PM Feature #2441 (New): Failsafe boot option
- OpenSolaris SXCE releases, as well as Solaris 10, included a "Failsafe boot" environment.
It was basically a RAMDisk...
- 05:21 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- By the way, on oi_151a2 no utmp just utmpx...
- 05:19 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- According to utmp.h...
- 02:47 PM Feature #1558: Relax Restrictions on Usernames
- Isn't utmp obsolete (in favor of utmpx)?...
- 05:02 PM Bug #2428 (Closed): imagemagick missing directory
- I ran into the following error, running oi151a2, ImageMagick installed from the default repository....
- 09:28 PM Bug #2424: Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- Because radeonhd driver bundled with OI does not support Radeon HD6xxx yet, Xorg tried to use generic VESA module and...
- 04:20 PM Bug #2424 (Closed): Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- I was trying to install it on my HP341 with ATi Radeon HD6470M but I see login console. Unfortunately, I lost the err...
Also available in: Atom