From 2012-03-28 to 2012-04-26
- 09:59 PM Bug #2657 (Closed): package manager
- removing and subsequently reinstalling a package ends in errmsgs (cf. attached png) and no install
- 02:13 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I have the same problem on OpenIndiana oi-151a3, when trying Openindiana oi-151 Install ISO as a guest. The guest han...
- 12:38 PM Bug #2652: auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- *dailies* seem to be ok now that the limit was raised, the problem of *frequent* continuing after disable remains a m...
- 12:24 PM Bug #2652 (Feedback): auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- 12:01 PM Bug #2652: auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- I finally rebooted and noticed some messages...
raised the default limit from 80% to 90% (I was at 79%)...
- 08:51 AM Bug #2652 (Closed): auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- not clear if related to https://www.illumos.org/issues/1013
yesterday, after enabling time-slider and initially au...
- 10:24 AM Bug #1939: IBM T42,terminal bell sound causes system freeze for 1 minute
- You have presented yourself well here – from this I wish you the very best."Wedding Bands For Hire":http://gigzmanage...
- 09:28 AM Bug #2653 (Closed): gdm (vnc?) problems
- multiple vnc access seems to cause headaches to gdm, using thin clients running tiny core linux and tigervnc as well ...
- 04:06 AM Bug #2651: pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Rich Lowe wrote:
> Dan states that this may be umask sensitivity
Yes. My preferred-root-account has umask 077, w...
- 04:04 AM Bug #2651: pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Dan states that this may be umask sensitivity
- 04:04 AM Bug #2651 (Closed): pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Dan upgraded to 151a3, and it broke the illumos build.
It turns out that what _really_ broke was pkg in general. ...
- 07:37 PM Bug #2617: /etc/profile could use modernisation
- Well, that's your choice not to include this by default, and others' choice to pick that up into their systems if the...
- 03:19 PM Bug #2617: /etc/profile could use modernisation
- Hi Jim,
Thanks for the feedback but I'm afraid the suggestions you've made above are more of a site-local preference...
- 02:40 PM Bug #2617: /etc/profile could use modernisation
- We have a number of customizations in /etc/profile which can be generally useful; we distribute the file on our syste...
- 09:32 AM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Shame on them. Here is some version I had archived - https://www.opensolaris.cz/sites/opensolaris.cz/files/ndis-1.2.1...
- 06:10 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- hi, i think Oracle removed the entire laptop community webpage two weeks ago
- 04:22 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Hi Ken, the NDIS driver as referenced by the learningsolaris.com link has been removed by Oracle. This link is now br...
- 05:31 PM Bug #2647 (Feedback): sudo pkgrm SUNWvbox - pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully
- Now I'm really feeling tired, tried a different approach,
and found a work-around! (wasn't need this in the last p...
- 05:25 PM Bug #2647: sudo pkgrm SUNWvbox - pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully
- 05:08 PM Bug #2647 (Closed): sudo pkgrm SUNWvbox - pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully
- another problem on prestable2
wanted to upgrade to vbox 4.1.12
- 04:41 PM Bug #2646 (Closed): /etc/hp/hplip.conf: No such file or directory
- new problem with OpenIndiana Build oi_151a3 32-bit (illumos 022f1af9e21c)
never saw this before....
- 11:56 AM Bug #2645: poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer
- additional info: on Asus Sabertooth X58 (Corei7-950,24GB,GeForce G72,...OI_151a2) immediate reboot follows shutdown; ...
- 09:57 AM Bug #2645 (Closed): poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer
- When I shut down the computer with the poweroff or the shutdown command, the system is going down, but the computer d...
- 08:22 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- Richard PALO wrote:
> I tried now with nfs (added zfs set sharenfs=on) and at least 7z and zip files work fine
- 04:03 AM Bug #2643 (Closed): time slider fails due to index exception in zfs.py
- Just did a clean install of oi_151a and tried to enable the time slider service (via time-slider-setup in GNOME). It ...
- 04:22 PM Bug #2641 (Closed): oi_151a3 and pkg verify
- since prestable is moving towards stable, thought I'd remind that there are still quite a number of pkg verify messag...
- 01:37 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I'll check.
- 08:04 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- Still trying to figure this one out.
Now if I mount via CIFS client to a local mountpoint (/mnt , because I haven't...
- 07:39 PM Bug #1861: Boot failure in Linux KVM
- Could you check with the latest OpenIndiana (oi_151a3)?
OpenIndiana is working fine for me inside KVM, what's your...
- 03:00 PM Feature #2623 (Rejected): Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- The scope of this issue is all over the place. We don't really do big RFEs, and this has a bunch of touch points in d...
- 10:41 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- I tried now with nfs (added zfs set sharenfs=on) and at least 7z and zip files work fine
(double checked with ssh/s...
- 09:41 AM Bug #2631 (Closed): NOTICE: core_log: metacity core dumped: /var/cores/core.metacity.uid50.1662@1334594064
- since upgrading to OpenIndiana Build oi_151a3 64-bit (illumos 022f1af9e21c)
noticing some problems, other than being...
- 10:31 PM Bug #2629: oi_148 image-update fails
- Putting this in the pkg subcat since, if anything, the only saen fix is probably to back-publish a pkg that understands.
- 09:56 PM Bug #2629 (Resolved): oi_148 image-update fails
- 01:17 PM Bug #1871: time() returns zero (and occasionally 1 or 2)
- FWIW this is happening in Solaris 11 too. It's CR7121035 and seems to be mostly ignored there too.
- 05:37 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Doing this:...
- 04:18 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I have no idea what got changed here between a2 and a3, either regarding illumos, regarding KVM, or regarding qemu.
- 02:16 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Title should be "qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure"... seems I don't have permissions to cha...
- 02:15 AM Bug #2626 (Resolved): qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- In oi151a3, qemu-kvm is getting stuck running virtual machines (windows xp, 7 or linux) with the following output str...
- 04:44 PM Feature #2623: Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- SOME FURTHER DETAILS
This post further describes the IP tunneling driver used by OpenVPN on various platforms, and...
- 01:58 PM Feature #2623 (Rejected): Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- SHORT PITCH:
Many users have implemented the free OpenSSL-based VPN solution in their networks - OpenVPN servers a...
- 12:07 PM Bug #1530 (Resolved): perl-584 should be obsoleted rather than renamed
- Fixed in prestable2
- 07:40 AM Feature #2622: wiki openindiana - prestable2
- BTW, in contrast to the current web interface to the mirrored source repositories, the mercurial repository of, for e...
- 07:34 AM Feature #2622 (Closed): wiki openindiana - prestable2
- can't seem to make comments on openindiana wiki
Would it be possible to add the changeset revision number to the n...
- 02:12 AM Bug #1591 (Resolved): nvidia is missing some device aliases
- Nvidia NVS 4200M is listed within the 295.33 driver release note of supported products:
"NVS Series (Notebooks): NVS...
- 02:29 PM Bug #2617 (New): /etc/profile could use modernisation
- In particular, /usr/sbin/quota gets called by default, which on a system with many ZFS filesystems delays the login q...
- 05:36 AM Feature #2592: vfs mounts not available in firefox (10)?
- Just had a surprise, what *does* seem to work is the print widget when printing to a file, here I seem to be able to ...
- 06:59 AM Feature #2592 (Closed): vfs mounts not available in firefox (10)?
- as the title says, I'm curious how to enable (or fix) the absence of vfs mounts (via nautilus).
The following scre...
- 06:42 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- On the other hand, if you can indicate a temporary incantation that's safe, I could test rapidly and report back. so...
- 01:22 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Well, there is one more quirk that "beadm" could improve on in regard to such split-dataset root support: when clonin...
- 07:57 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- > Best to install Solaris 11 on one of your test machines and try to
> reduplicate your hardware issue from there us...
- 09:31 PM Bug #2415: upgrade system perl from 5.10 to 5.12
- List of dependencies:
- 09:16 PM Bug #2417: remove python 2.4
- List with name, dependency, and consolidation information
- 03:31 PM Bug #1489 (In Progress): Back out e84402006fa5 - 1436 Installation does not need to ask Root Password
- prestable2 asks for root password again but still seems to expire that root password.
- 03:15 PM Bug #1134: distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- From what I can recall, the changes to the boot archive script were to:
* Add jack to sudoers
* Add several authori...
- 02:42 PM Bug #1134 (In Progress): distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- Can you elaborate on what these hacks are please; are they in any public repos?
Note to self: Still need to set o...
- 02:56 PM Bug #2161: rebuild illumos-gate for OI after openssl upgrades
- Just to keep track... m2crypto no longer needs bumping to be able to cope with openssl v1 after it got bumped in the...
- 02:38 PM Bug #1632 (Resolved): meld doesn't work ootb
- Fixed in prestable2 including newer meld (1.4.0) and dependency on python-gnome-libs-26.
- 02:35 PM Bug #2098 (Resolved): users created by 'useradd -m' can't use ssh keys
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:30 PM Bug #1591: nvidia is missing some device aliases
- The driver was updated in prestable2 but it doesn't look like this device ID was added so still an issue.
- 02:22 PM Bug #1628 (Resolved): Manifests still refer to pkg.openindiana.org/stable
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:15 PM Bug #2174 (Resolved): pkg:/database/postgres-84/library should depend on pkg:/firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed in prestable2
- 02:12 PM Feature #2230 (Resolved): pkgbuild 1.3.104
- Updated in prestable2
- 02:11 PM Bug #2446 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- Updated to 295.33 in prestable2
- 12:28 AM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- I've updated the system to oi_151a2 with "pkg update" and it worked along nicely with the hierarchical root, includin...
- 12:19 AM Bug #2564 (Closed): pkg(5) download MB counter ends with strange characters
- 05:17 PM Feature #2561 (Closed): Packaging: make "g-links" to more common GNU utilities
- There are some Sun and GNU versions of similar UNIX utilities with noticeably different behaviour, such as (but not l...
Also available in: Atom