From 2012-04-01 to 2012-04-30
- 08:21 PM Bug #2664: pkg update reports manifest hash failure
- Sam Gridley wrote:
> also (if this helps) pkg verify > /var/pkgverifylog
> reports a lot of hash mismatches an...
- 08:16 PM Bug #2664: pkg update reports manifest hash failure
- also (if this helps) pkg verify > /var/pkgverifylog
reports a lot of hash mismatches and errors:
- 08:02 PM Bug #2664 (Closed): pkg update reports manifest hash failure
- Trying to setup a new OI box, wanted to update some of the packages as some are already out of date. Tried using GUI ...
- 01:22 PM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- Andrew Stormont wrote:
> Which version of DBus are you running?...
- 09:10 AM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- Which version of DBus are you running?
- 10:49 PM Bug #2629: oi_148 image-update fails
- After discussions on #oi-dev it looks like we're going to republish the newer pkg at versions 0.151.1, 0.148 and 0.147
- 09:30 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- seriously considering pushing gnome off a cliff, but for now I notice if I log in/out with vncviewer the following in...
- 09:26 AM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- by the way, when I kill the rogue user's dbus-daemon, things calm down naturally (all 6 processes go away)
- 06:47 AM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- In trying to debug https://www.illumos.org/issues/2653#change-6939 I'm experiencing this as one of the first steps in...
- 08:27 PM Bug #2657: package manager
- "pkg fix" : bug #2661 - no effect ("license problem": in the logfile attached there ;-) )
"system crash": Feature #...
- 06:52 PM Bug #2657: package manager
- python-32 will not be installable till it is fixed in repo.
I met the problem with license also, it is issue in th...
- 01:34 PM Bug #2657: package manager
- did "pkg fix" once, tried to install "runtime/python-32" again (had been removed the day before): cf. attached png; ...
- 08:10 PM Feature #2662 (Closed): RAID/enterprise harddisk compatibility w/controllers etc.
- As OI does/will not run just on certified/verified hardware it might be helpful to have OI at least try to identify (...
- 07:55 PM Bug #2661 (Closed): "pkg fix": effect ?
- On oi_151a3 I did "pkg fix" once; ... ; did "pkg fix" 2.+3. time: captured output (of all 3) differed only in ZFS sna...
- 09:33 PM Bug #2659 (Resolved): Virtual Box Installation of OI_151a_prestable2 does not complete normally
- The installation does not complete normally , the installation log is attached.
- 08:08 PM Bug #2657: package manager
- Dieter, of course, newer version of python-32 has to be pushed to the repo to be usable. Just other packages should b...
- 08:05 PM Bug #2657 (In Progress): package manager
- Dieter, you should be able to do pkg fix and it should work for you then.
Alex, I NMU-bumped version of python to ...
- 10:58 AM Bug #2657: package manager
- yes, cf. attached png
- 06:38 AM Bug #2657 (Feedback): package manager
- This problem of SFE runtime/python-32 package, setting wrong group on usr/share, leading to collision.
Are you abl...
- 08:13 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- Still happens, what I find strange is seen in the following log for the last 24hours.
Yesterday (26/04/12) worked fi...
- 09:59 PM Bug #2657 (Closed): package manager
- removing and subsequently reinstalling a package ends in errmsgs (cf. attached png) and no install
- 02:13 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I have the same problem on OpenIndiana oi-151a3, when trying Openindiana oi-151 Install ISO as a guest. The guest han...
- 12:38 PM Bug #2652: auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- *dailies* seem to be ok now that the limit was raised, the problem of *frequent* continuing after disable remains a m...
- 12:24 PM Bug #2652 (Feedback): auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- 12:01 PM Bug #2652: auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- I finally rebooted and noticed some messages...
raised the default limit from 80% to 90% (I was at 79%)...
- 08:51 AM Bug #2652 (Closed): auto-snapshot problems in 151a3
- not clear if related to https://www.illumos.org/issues/1013
yesterday, after enabling time-slider and initially au...
- 10:24 AM Bug #1939: IBM T42,terminal bell sound causes system freeze for 1 minute
- You have presented yourself well here – from this I wish you the very best."Wedding Bands For Hire":http://gigzmanage...
- 09:28 AM Bug #2653 (Closed): gdm (vnc?) problems
- multiple vnc access seems to cause headaches to gdm, using thin clients running tiny core linux and tigervnc as well ...
- 04:06 AM Bug #2651: pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Rich Lowe wrote:
> Dan states that this may be umask sensitivity
Yes. My preferred-root-account has umask 077, w...
- 04:04 AM Bug #2651: pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Dan states that this may be umask sensitivity
- 04:04 AM Bug #2651 (Closed): pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Dan upgraded to 151a3, and it broke the illumos build.
It turns out that what _really_ broke was pkg in general. ...
- 07:37 PM Bug #2617: /etc/profile could use modernisation
- Well, that's your choice not to include this by default, and others' choice to pick that up into their systems if the...
- 03:19 PM Bug #2617: /etc/profile could use modernisation
- Hi Jim,
Thanks for the feedback but I'm afraid the suggestions you've made above are more of a site-local preference...
- 02:40 PM Bug #2617: /etc/profile could use modernisation
- We have a number of customizations in /etc/profile which can be generally useful; we distribute the file on our syste...
- 09:32 AM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Shame on them. Here is some version I had archived - https://www.opensolaris.cz/sites/opensolaris.cz/files/ndis-1.2.1...
- 06:10 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- hi, i think Oracle removed the entire laptop community webpage two weeks ago
- 04:22 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Hi Ken, the NDIS driver as referenced by the learningsolaris.com link has been removed by Oracle. This link is now br...
- 05:31 PM Bug #2647 (Feedback): sudo pkgrm SUNWvbox - pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully
- Now I'm really feeling tired, tried a different approach,
and found a work-around! (wasn't need this in the last p...
- 05:25 PM Bug #2647: sudo pkgrm SUNWvbox - pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully
- 05:08 PM Bug #2647 (Closed): sudo pkgrm SUNWvbox - pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully
- another problem on prestable2
wanted to upgrade to vbox 4.1.12
- 04:41 PM Bug #2646 (Closed): /etc/hp/hplip.conf: No such file or directory
- new problem with OpenIndiana Build oi_151a3 32-bit (illumos 022f1af9e21c)
never saw this before....
- 11:56 AM Bug #2645: poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer
- additional info: on Asus Sabertooth X58 (Corei7-950,24GB,GeForce G72,...OI_151a2) immediate reboot follows shutdown; ...
- 09:57 AM Bug #2645 (Closed): poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer
- When I shut down the computer with the poweroff or the shutdown command, the system is going down, but the computer d...
- 08:22 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- Richard PALO wrote:
> I tried now with nfs (added zfs set sharenfs=on) and at least 7z and zip files work fine
- 04:03 AM Bug #2643 (Closed): time slider fails due to index exception in zfs.py
- Just did a clean install of oi_151a and tried to enable the time slider service (via time-slider-setup in GNOME). It ...
- 04:22 PM Bug #2641 (Closed): oi_151a3 and pkg verify
- since prestable is moving towards stable, thought I'd remind that there are still quite a number of pkg verify messag...
- 01:37 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I'll check.
- 08:04 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- Still trying to figure this one out.
Now if I mount via CIFS client to a local mountpoint (/mnt , because I haven't...
- 07:39 PM Bug #1861: Boot failure in Linux KVM
- Could you check with the latest OpenIndiana (oi_151a3)?
OpenIndiana is working fine for me inside KVM, what's your...
- 03:00 PM Feature #2623 (Rejected): Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- The scope of this issue is all over the place. We don't really do big RFEs, and this has a bunch of touch points in d...
- 10:41 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- I tried now with nfs (added zfs set sharenfs=on) and at least 7z and zip files work fine
(double checked with ssh/s...
- 09:41 AM Bug #2631 (Closed): NOTICE: core_log: metacity core dumped: /var/cores/core.metacity.uid50.1662@1334594064
- since upgrading to OpenIndiana Build oi_151a3 64-bit (illumos 022f1af9e21c)
noticing some problems, other than being...
- 10:31 PM Bug #2629: oi_148 image-update fails
- Putting this in the pkg subcat since, if anything, the only saen fix is probably to back-publish a pkg that understands.
- 09:56 PM Bug #2629 (Resolved): oi_148 image-update fails
- 01:17 PM Bug #1871: time() returns zero (and occasionally 1 or 2)
- FWIW this is happening in Solaris 11 too. It's CR7121035 and seems to be mostly ignored there too.
- 05:37 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Doing this:...
- 04:18 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I have no idea what got changed here between a2 and a3, either regarding illumos, regarding KVM, or regarding qemu.
- 02:16 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Title should be "qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure"... seems I don't have permissions to cha...
- 02:15 AM Bug #2626 (Resolved): qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- In oi151a3, qemu-kvm is getting stuck running virtual machines (windows xp, 7 or linux) with the following output str...
- 04:44 PM Feature #2623: Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- SOME FURTHER DETAILS
This post further describes the IP tunneling driver used by OpenVPN on various platforms, and...
- 01:58 PM Feature #2623 (Rejected): Package and provide OpenVPN and tun/tap drivers manageable by dladm
- SHORT PITCH:
Many users have implemented the free OpenSSL-based VPN solution in their networks - OpenVPN servers a...
- 12:07 PM Bug #1530 (Resolved): perl-584 should be obsoleted rather than renamed
- Fixed in prestable2
- 07:40 AM Feature #2622: wiki openindiana - prestable2
- BTW, in contrast to the current web interface to the mirrored source repositories, the mercurial repository of, for e...
- 07:34 AM Feature #2622 (Closed): wiki openindiana - prestable2
- can't seem to make comments on openindiana wiki
Would it be possible to add the changeset revision number to the n...
- 02:12 AM Bug #1591 (Resolved): nvidia is missing some device aliases
- Nvidia NVS 4200M is listed within the 295.33 driver release note of supported products:
"NVS Series (Notebooks): NVS...
- 02:29 PM Bug #2617 (New): /etc/profile could use modernisation
- In particular, /usr/sbin/quota gets called by default, which on a system with many ZFS filesystems delays the login q...
- 05:36 AM Feature #2592: vfs mounts not available in firefox (10)?
- Just had a surprise, what *does* seem to work is the print widget when printing to a file, here I seem to be able to ...
- 06:59 AM Feature #2592 (Closed): vfs mounts not available in firefox (10)?
- as the title says, I'm curious how to enable (or fix) the absence of vfs mounts (via nautilus).
The following scre...
- 06:42 AM Bug #2347: file-roller borks on networks archives
- On the other hand, if you can indicate a temporary incantation that's safe, I could test rapidly and report back. so...
- 01:22 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Well, there is one more quirk that "beadm" could improve on in regard to such split-dataset root support: when clonin...
- 07:57 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- > Best to install Solaris 11 on one of your test machines and try to
> reduplicate your hardware issue from there us...
Also available in: Atom