From 2012-05-01 to 2012-05-30
- 08:55 AM Bug #2805 (Resolved): Invalid category name for gui-install
- packagemanager reports after start (trying to update to prestable4):
Invalid category name [System Administration an...
- 08:34 AM Bug #2645: poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer
- same problem on Dell Precision T3500, and a custom built with an ASUS P6T
motherboard. shutdown -g now always shuts ...
- 11:30 AM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- I think there is a need (moderate, since the systems are known to work without such separation), but nonetheless.
- 09:21 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- I think, there is not need for separated /usr.
/usr/local, /var/tmp, /var/log etc. are ok.
The idea is: all dir...
- 10:59 AM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- As I've recently discovered, the "pkgadd" command (for SVR4 support) now somehow relies on "/sbin/sh" being KSH. The ...
- 11:01 PM Bug #2782: Basic write operation failed with the error "Device is gone"
the "driver utility" program (upper left menu, "system tools") might give you hints about outdated/inappropria...
- 07:26 PM Feature #2763 (Closed): firefox/thunderbird builds under gcc
- 07:25 PM Feature #2763: firefox/thunderbird builds under gcc
- Not sure what do you mean by this issue. Anyway, 13.0b5 is built with sunstudio12.2 again.
And gcc 4.5.2 was integ...
- 07:08 PM Bug #2718 (Closed): dev151a doesnt install
- 11:01 AM Bug #2718: dev151a doesnt install
- I will recycle this box unless you want it. I just got another used mainboard, an MSI K9MM-V, with 1 GB RAM and an A...
- 10:33 AM Bug #2718: dev151a doesnt install
- Dieter, ask on openindiana-discuss mailing list about your problem. It looks like there is something wrong with inst...
- 01:35 AM Bug #2718: dev151a doesnt install
- My hardware is an old small form factor (SFF) ASUS P4R8L desktop with a 2.4 GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB disk. BIO...
- 09:25 PM Feature #2786 (Closed): OI should enable multiple gcc versions at a time and store gccruntime in private directories
- OI should not lock down to a single gcc version at a time.
This makes live worse for users wanting different version...
- 07:56 PM Bug #2729: oi-151.1.4 problems with SFEbuild and SFEencumbered
- At the time oi-sfe was done there was no fresh gcc 4.x available in OI, so the gcc 4.6 used in the oi-sfe variant was...
- 02:42 PM Bug #2782 (In Progress): Basic write operation failed with the error "Device is gone"
- Hi Dieter Lange,
We have identified that the error thrown(Device is gone) was because of a removable media a...
- 11:06 AM Bug #2782: Basic write operation failed with the error "Device is gone"
- Have you checked for "TLER" (e.g. [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLER]], this is the term used by WD, other brands u...
- 08:15 AM Bug #2782 (Closed): Basic write operation failed with the error "Device is gone"
Recently we have migrated our server to OpenIndiana(Build 151a3) running on DELL R710 Server. During the ...
- 04:38 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- root@salmon190-90:~# psrinfo -v
Status of virtual processor 0 as of: 05/23/2012 17:19:59
on-line since 05/23/2012...
- 03:56 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- no, updated to u4 and still have the same error, at the same point, as soon as Windows tries to go graphical.
- 02:34 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- MAC=$(dladm show-vnic -po macaddress kvmvnic0)
-boot order=c,menu=off \
- 11:45 AM Bug #2767 (Closed): Gedit crashed while making new folder in save dialogue on OI151a4
- I have machine (laptop, x86 64-bit OI 151a4 ) working for a night with Transmission torrent client active and vlc pla...
- 10:18 AM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- interesting messages from gdm debug during a session logout that resulted in the famous dbus process eating cpu...
- 05:26 AM Feature #2763 (Closed): firefox/thunderbird builds under gcc
- haven't noticed this talked about, so I thought I'd put this note here.
for the thunderbird and firefox v12 builds f...
- 02:08 PM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- wow, sure is busy at Oracle......
- 10:56 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- this last error is apparently also reported here:
- 10:31 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- Now I'm noticing some other core files for 'me':...
- 10:54 AM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- Tim Stewart wrote:
> I'm also experiencing this behavior on oi_151a4.
Could you provide more details like your qe...
- 06:43 AM Feature #2759 (Closed): timeslider should give snapshot sizes
- Timeslider is quite useful to manage snapshots, but one minimal feature missing is the size field.
see attached scre...
- 12:38 AM Feature #2561: Packaging: make "g-links" to more common GNU utilities
- I do care, but right now this task was preempted by more urgent things at work and home.
If you're into cleaning up ...
- 03:44 PM Bug #2271: CIFS clients fail to authenticate when idmap is using IDMU
- Have you asked for assistance with this on any of the mailing lists (e.g. openindiana-discuss)?
- 03:42 PM Feature #2561: Packaging: make "g-links" to more common GNU utilities
If you care about this, submit patches. Otherwise I'll close the issue.
- 11:26 AM Bug #2718: dev151a doesnt install
- With oi_151a GUI DVD (downloaded 2011-09-14 and used all the time since on different hardware) ~7-10 days ago everyth...
- 06:44 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- I'm noticing a number of quasi-identical 'metacity' corefiles ......
- 06:03 AM Feature #2144: RSS feed for torrents
- I am new to the community, so I look forward to feedback, help, guidance, or a shove off a cliff.
1. The XBNBT pr...
- 07:48 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- Well, here's an extract of all of messages since midnight. Strange activity around 2h30 or so,
(who is user 'cmd' ?...
- 07:23 PM Bug #2743 (Closed): sys-unconfig is legacy
- sys-unconfig is legacy, its use doesn't clear down newer config in SMF/ipadm/dladm. The screens it puts you into are ...
- 03:32 PM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- came across these sunsolve bugids:
- 01:47 PM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- captured the latest pstack and attached a pfiles....
- 12:29 PM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- attached is an extract from /var/adm/messages with a start to finish vnc session...
I notice a number of potential a...
- 10:11 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- debug messages help loads, already get over one problem for the meanwhile anyway (not the coredump though):...
- 06:33 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- Not sure if it matters, but it is strange to suddenly see root ownership here:...
- 05:29 AM Bug #2653: gdm (vnc?) problems
- Got hit again with this... Is there any hope for improvement with the next drop, or is everything JDS related (gnome...
- 06:49 PM Bug #2729: oi-151.1.4 problems with SFEbuild and SFEencumbered
- Thanks for the update, when will the SFE repositories be updated to reflect the new position for gcc
- 07:05 AM Bug #2729: oi-151.1.4 problems with SFEbuild and SFEencumbered
- This has to be solved on SFE side. With new gcc moving to /usr (out of /usr/sfw), it is necessary for SFE to stay awa...
- 01:48 PM Bug #2729 (Closed): oi-151.1.4 problems with SFEbuild and SFEencumbered
After upgrading to oi-151.1.4 I am unable to add Stellarium and VLC from the SFEbuild and SFEencumbered reposi...
- 10:36 AM Feature #2728 (Closed): /usr/ccs/bin/cpp
- The current cpp is in binary form only, so it stalled. It would be nice to have open source replacement for it.
- 10:35 AM Feature #2727 (Closed): /usr/ccs/bin/as open source replacement
- Currently distributed as is from OpenSolaris build 121 and it is behind Oracle Solaris as. As the result, Studio 12.1...
- 07:47 PM Bug #2626: qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- I'm also experiencing this behavior on oi_151a4.
- 12:40 PM Bug #2718 (Feedback): dev151a doesnt install
- Which installer do you use? Text or LiveCD (graphic GUI)?
Can you try newer ISO? http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/1...
- 01:23 AM Bug #2718 (Closed): dev151a doesnt install
- I downloaded dev151a a while ago (last year?). When it boots, a maintenance login shell prompt comes up. It says ct...
- 08:07 PM Bug #2716 (Closed): pkg is not updated in zones with prestable3
- After update to prestable3, pkg stopped to work in zones, except global zone.
Rich Lowe came with the root cause -...
- 09:26 AM Bug #2715 (Closed): oi_151a4 problems gnome-session
- 04:01 PM Bug #2709 (Closed): Brasero keeps dying after burning DVD
- After finished burning DVD+RW from .iso image, Brasero pops up multiple warning windows, fails to eject DVD and pops ...
- 07:13 AM Bug #2631: NOTICE: core_log: metacity core dumped: /var/cores/core.metacity.uid50.1662@1334594064
nvidia problem can be fixed as described here:
- 06:54 AM Bug #2700: Latest oi_151.1.4 upgrade (2012-05-07) caused boot failure
- Hi Jon,
yes, it was NVIDIA driver (i have reverted driver in new BE):...
- 03:42 AM Bug #752: add default iscsi ports to /etc/inet/services
- Fixed in illumos by 9ccc3f459d46, I'll leave this open until Meths syncs you guys back up
- 04:47 PM Bug #2446 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- Thanks for the quick update. Resolved.
- 03:14 PM Bug #2700: Latest oi_151.1.4 upgrade (2012-05-07) caused boot failure
- Is it completely crashing or do you still have SSH access? The workaround would be to only install the non-nvidia up...
- 03:00 PM Bug #2700: Latest oi_151.1.4 upgrade (2012-05-07) caused boot failure
- Sorry for misreading your name, Jon!
- 02:58 PM Bug #2700: Latest oi_151.1.4 upgrade (2012-05-07) caused boot failure
- Hi John,
for me it looks like NVIDIA driver too...
I could go back to oi_151a4 too. Just doesn't like to have ...
- 02:55 PM Bug #2700 (Feedback): Latest oi_151.1.4 upgrade (2012-05-07) caused boot failure
- Did you have to go back to the oi_151a3 boot environment or did going back to the original oi_151a4 BE work? The upd...
- 02:39 PM Bug #2700 (Closed): Latest oi_151.1.4 upgrade (2012-05-07) caused boot failure
on May 3rd i have updated from oi_151.1.3 to oi_151.1.4. Update went fine.
This morning i have spotted change...
- 10:12 AM Bug #752 (In Progress): add default iscsi ports to /etc/inet/services
- Fixed as part of 2690
- 08:42 AM Bug #2692 (Resolved): Pkg broken in new zones created under oi_151a4
- Updated packages pushed to /dev at version 0.151.1.4
- 08:20 AM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- not sure this is entirely related, but I notice another anomaly involving dbus.
Namely, when I "ssh -X <host>" and ...
- 09:53 PM Bug #2692 (In Progress): Pkg broken in new zones created under oi_151a4
- 09:52 PM Bug #2692: Pkg broken in new zones created under oi_151a4
- Hi Logan,
Thanks for reporting this and spotting the missing dependency. We'll try and get this fixed soon.
- 09:46 PM Bug #2692 (Resolved): Pkg broken in new zones created under oi_151a4
- If you create a new zone under oi_151a4 pkg does not work. Mostly likely due to a broken dependency as explained belo...
- 02:09 AM Bug #2446 (Feedback): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.33
- With the recent 295.40 update, there are now OpenGL windowing performance regressions on laptops based on legacy Gefo...
- 12:13 PM Feature #1058 (In Progress): A number of fonts is good to update
- Dejavu fonts were updated in prestable2 (oi_151a3)
- 02:16 AM Feature #1660: Bring dcmtk into oi_build
- Just found a bug in this - the pkg fmri is pkg:// instead of pkg:/ which causes the "image" part of "image/dcmtk" to ...
- 07:38 PM Bug #2629 (Resolved): oi_148 image-update fails
- Fixed in prestable3 (oi_151a4). Fixed by removing the offending type from the manifests. At some point we need a di...
- 07:33 PM Bug #1424 (Resolved): Upgrading from 2010.05 (134b) fails
- Fixed in prestable3 (oi_151a4)
- 11:44 PM Bug #2626 (In Progress): qemu-kvm KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
- 03:43 PM Bug #2029: gtkam crashing
- Upgraded to OpenIndiana Development oi_151.1.3 X86 (powered by illumos) Assembled 24 March 2012Upgrade OI but problem...
Also available in: Atom