From 2012-06-09 to 2012-07-08
- 07:32 PM Bug #2970 (Feedback): oi151a5 has a problem in /lib (libc?)
- Do I understand correctly that perl segfaults? Do you have core file?
- 12:36 PM Bug #2729: oi-151.1.4 problems with SFEbuild and SFEencumbered
- concerning VirtualBox (4.1.18) on oi_151pre5 host, this might make it run for now (which it did not and does after ad...
- 12:12 PM Bug #2971: Interrupt Balancer (intrd) doesn't start in oi_151a5
- no such problem here (service starts and runs, no log entries), so maybe it is not the fault of oi_151prestable5/oi_1...
- 01:08 PM Bug #2967: oi_151a5 seems unusually sluggish, with increased swapping
- still scratching my head on the 32bit problem, so I thought I would try some live differences, so I rebooted into a5,...
- 06:00 AM Bug #2931: PS1 prompt in default user .profile is incorrect
- Why not use something simple (bash is default shell anyway):...
- 07:35 PM Bug #2969: SMB fails to join single label active directory domain
- I stood up a test VM AD domain with a proper name and it joined right up, so the issue is the single-label domain. I ...
- 11:13 AM Bug #2967: oi_151a5 seems unusually sluggish, with increased swapping
- Quite possibly only a problem on 32bit.
I'll try for awhile on an acer X3200 which is also nvidia...
here is the ...
- 05:33 AM Bug #2967: oi_151a5 seems unusually sluggish, with increased swapping
- Had to revert, too painful to stay on a5...
here's a comparison on a4 with a5 with prstat -ac invocation (using the ...
- 10:05 AM Bug #2971 (Closed): Interrupt Balancer (intrd) doesn't start in oi_151a5
- Log says:...
- 10:01 AM Bug #2970: oi151a5 has a problem in /lib (libc?)
- Spoke too soon. Still goes berserk with the old libc, but not nearly as often (go figure).
- 05:09 AM Bug #2970 (Closed): oi151a5 has a problem in /lib (libc?)
- Ever since upgrading to oi151a5, my amavisd/maia process started to go berserk - child processes will consume lots of...
- 03:48 AM Bug #2965: Samba SWAT fails PAM authentication due to missing symbol
- > cat /etc/release
> uname -a
> pkg list | grep incorporation
Here you go. I can login with a normal user accou...
- 05:43 PM Bug #2969 (Closed): SMB fails to join single label active directory domain
- kclient and samba successfully join, but smb fails with the following messages in /var/adm/messages:
Jul 5 12:01:...
- 04:02 PM Feature #2968 (Closed): Update Userland to s11u1-20
- Update the Userland consolidation to s11u1-20 (or a recent snapshot) in the experimental repository. This is to captu...
- 03:57 PM Bug #2967 (Closed): oi_151a5 seems unusually sluggish, with increased swapping
- as mentioned here (news://news.gmane.org:email@example.com)
things seem terribly sluggish all of a su...
- 01:32 PM Bug #2965 (Feedback): Samba SWAT fails PAM authentication due to missing symbol
- I think that is correct behaviour as root is a role not a user and I can log in with a normal user account fine and s...
- 01:51 AM Bug #2965 (Closed): Samba SWAT fails PAM authentication due to missing symbol
- After installing samba and enabling its service and swat, I tried to go to http://localhost:901 and login as root. I...
- 03:46 PM Feature #2954 (In Progress): ATI Radeon 6.14.6 driver
- Tested Hardware:
AMD/ATI Radeon RS480 (baseline Radeon X300, IGP)
Tested on oi_151a5 with:
- 01:17 PM Bug #2659 (Resolved): Virtual Box Installation of OI_151a_prestable2 does not complete normally
- Thanks for the report and log. From the log it looks like the preferred publisher issue that while annoying doesn't ...
- 01:10 PM Bug #1207 (Resolved): distro-const script boot_archive_configure mkdir problem
- Hans' patch is correct (thanks Hans) and is now in prestable5.
- 01:08 PM Bug #427 (Resolved): pkg needs release notes URL
- Updated to a version agnostic URL in prestable5. As before though, the first to see it will be updating from prestab...
- 06:45 PM Feature #2954 (Closed): ATI Radeon 6.14.6 driver
- The Xorg ATI Radeon 6.14.6 driver provides the latest 2D support to the AMD Radeon HD 6000 series and Radeon HD 73xx/...
- 12:36 PM Bug #1164: virt-manager dependency error
- No Jon. This issue still exists.
$ pfexec virt-manager
ERROR:root:No module named gtk
Traceback (most recent ca...
- 02:57 AM Feature #2934 (Closed): Bump libopenusb to 1.1.6
- Optional lib. Migrate to libusbx (USB 3.0) otherwise.
- 11:02 PM Bug #752 (Resolved): add default iscsi ports to /etc/inet/services
- Included in prestable5
- 10:51 PM Bug #2805 (Resolved): Invalid category name for gui-install
- Fixed in prestable5
- 11:19 AM Bug #2805: Invalid category name for gui-install
- Over to oi-sfe issues https://www.illumos.org/issues/2937
- 10:46 PM Bug #2813 (Resolved): upgrade rsync-3.0.6 to rsync-3.0.9
- Bumped in prestable5
- 10:46 PM Feature #2838 (Resolved): Update NVDAgraphics to 295.53
- Bumped to 295.59 in prestable5
- 10:01 PM Bug #1591: nvidia is missing some device aliases
- The 1057 ID is now actually in prestable5 so this is properly resolved.
- 08:07 PM Bug #963 (Closed): adpu320 should be on install media
- Yes, it's on the live DVD
- 10:45 PM Bug #2805: Invalid category name for gui-install
- Hi Udo,
Please create a separate bug over in the oi-sfe project where people will care about it and actually have ...
- 10:39 PM Bug #2805: Invalid category name for gui-install
- Developers get lazy, there are now more of these in oi-sfe 151a4:
Invalid category name [System Database] for packag...
- 07:38 PM Feature #2838: Update NVDAgraphics to 295.53
- This can be bumped to the 295.59 driver for the oi_151a5 rollout:
- 12:53 PM Bug #2898: OpenIndiana not working with Radeon HD 4250
- You'll need to fulfill and update the kernel DRM module requirements dealing with Radeon 2D hardware acceleration (i....
- 10:37 PM Feature #2934 (Closed): Bump libopenusb to 1.1.6
- Bump libopenusb to 1.1.6
Desc: OpenUSB takes a fork of the libusb 1.0 project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lib...
- 07:03 PM Bug #2729: oi-151.1.4 problems with SFEbuild and SFEencumbered
- Created Bug to have the OI SFE and SFEencumbered SPEC files updated Bug #2925 which resulted in the following comment...
- 03:41 PM Bug #2931 (Resolved): PS1 prompt in default user .profile is incorrect
- The PS1 prompt is defined incorrectly in OpenIndiana user's ~/.profile files (cloned for each new user from /etc/skel...
- 02:33 PM Feature #2899 (Closed): hdparm analogue for illumos.
- Is there something like hdparm for Illumos?
- 02:29 PM Bug #2898 (Closed): OpenIndiana not working with Radeon HD 4250
- OpenIndiana not working correct with Radeon HD 4250. GNOME is loaded, but the windows appear jerky.
I tried to com...
- 07:09 AM Bug #2887: Update manpage for chmod: "offline" attr
- Also 'sparse' is missing (and ls manpage needs also update).
- 05:20 AM Bug #2884: rm: <file> not removed: Permission denied
- Hmm, not so sure. Here is a comparison with the [deletable] touched file...
nb , /usr/gnu/bin is not in my path ....
- 07:07 PM Bug #2887 (Closed): Update manpage for chmod: "offline" attr
- "/usr/bin/chmod" command-line help shows that an attribute flag "offline" can be set. However, this key word is absen...
- 07:02 PM Bug #2884: rm: <file> not removed: Permission denied
- This *sounds* like an "immutable" or "nounlink" or similar flag is set on the file, most of the symptoms match - exce...
- 02:49 PM Bug #2884: rm: <file> not removed: Permission denied
- just for grins I trussed the rm command, seems unlink is where it becomes toxic:...
- 02:37 PM Bug #2884 (Closed): rm: <file> not removed: Permission denied
- Not sure if this could be related to https://www.illumos.org/issues/2644 but I'm finding a file that, to me, is unde...
- 06:40 PM Feature #2878: serial console: add SMF services for console-login (vtdaemon) on serial ports
- NOTE: These serial-line consoles should also have a minimized set of dependency milestones, so that possibly required...
- 06:25 PM Feature #2878 (New): serial console: add SMF services for console-login (vtdaemon) on serial ports
- The Virtual Terminals Daemon provides for "the system console" (chosen via kernel boot-time options or eeprom=bootenv...
- 06:36 PM Feature #2880 (New): net_consoles: an UDP sink for /dev/console messages
- Linux has a nice feature to aid with systems debugging (and, to an extent, monitoring) by providing a network console...
- 06:33 PM Feature #2879 (New): serial console: allow for ditto outputs on screen and serial consoles
- Currently only one output device can be used by OI to report on progress in system booting, output messages written t...
- 05:23 PM Feature #2877 (New): Use DNS and/or DHCP to point newly installed clients to configuration settings
The Sun Ray clients have a nifty feature for detailed configuration after a reboot: they can either get cer...
- 05:04 PM Feature #2876 (New): sysidcfg name_service setting to enforce fetching DNS config from DHCP
- In /etc/sysidcfg templates we can set name_service to be DNS, LDAP, NIS or NONE. Would it be inappropriate to define ...
- 04:58 PM Bug #2875 (New): local zones should not enforce "smf_netstrategy==none" regardless of reality
- In the SMF framework, local zones can not use netstrategy=dhcp (and, as a consequence, they don't try fetch DNS setti...
- 08:31 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Another issue was located and fixed with hierarchical datasets: "rpool/SHARED/var/adm" was not automatically mounted ...
- 08:19 PM Bug #2868 (New): "zoneadm .. uninstall -h" superfluosly asks for confirmation
- The request for help "-h" (and the dry-run "-n") ask for confirmation - whether the user really wants the zone destro...
- 11:09 PM Feature #2859 (New): beadm: Enhance the invitation to reboot after creating a new BE
- Apparently, some newcoming users don't instantly grasp all the concepts of OpenIndiana, and cloned boot environments ...
- 10:55 PM Bug #2692: Pkg broken in new zones created under oi_151a4
- Just a note: my test system was not updated to oi_151a4 until recently, and I've hit this bug too with new local zone...
- 05:39 AM Bug #2844: error updating from oi148 to oi151.1.4
- On oi151a "pkg image-update -v" writes the following message:
Invalid content: manifest hash failure: fmri: pkg://...
Also available in: Atom