From 2013-08-18 to 2013-09-16
- 05:01 PM Bug #1987: dbus taking 100% of cpu
- I'm pretty sure that version of DBus (1.2.24) is bad. I had a similar experience with 1.2.26 - see my comments on #1...
- 08:10 AM Bug #4138 (Closed): Update fails if /opt is mounted from other disk
i am currently running OI from /hipster and have /opt mounted from another pool (not rpool):...
- 05:35 AM Bug #4134: libobjc.so for illumos-gcc seems to be missing runpath
- perhaps the Makefile should be updated to take this into consideration:...
- 04:24 AM Bug #4134 (Closed): libobjc.so for illumos-gcc seems to be missing runpath
- just a heads up, it appears that recent libobjc.so (both 32 and 64 bit) seems to be missing RUNPATH... used elfedit t...
- 06:58 AM Bug #4074: oi_151a8 - Can't login via gui at the console (in front of keyboard)
you can try with erasing of GNOME user preferences: ...
- 12:26 PM Feature #4115: Transmission 2.60 upgrade
- Ref: firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130407T162720Z
- 12:17 PM Bug #4098: GNU parted "crash" (well, sort of)
- ...and as a final piece of info, when this hard drive is attached to OI with a USB connection, everything works as ex...
- 08:39 AM Bug #4098: GNU parted "crash" (well, sort of)
- Update: I now know where the number 625137408 comes from. There seems to be some disagreement within the kernel regar...
- 07:44 AM Bug #4098: GNU parted "crash" (well, sort of)
- So I learned how to build OS components from illumos-gate and rebuilt libparted with some simple debug printouts:
- 08:02 PM Feature #4115 (Resolved): Transmission 2.60 upgrade
- The current version of Transmission is 1.93 from 2009, can the standard version be upgraded to a more modern 2013 rel...
- 03:01 AM Bug #4100 (Resolved): GNOME panel and menus mostly empty (151a8)
- After an upgrade from 151a7 to 151a8 (and thanks for the work there, btw:)
all my gnome panel launchers are missing....
- 08:25 PM Bug #4067 (In Progress): Unmounting a USB drive as a user in 151a8
- 01:38 PM Bug #4067: Unmounting a USB drive as a user in 151a8
- New bug 4073 seems to be a manifestation of the same bug.
- 08:24 PM Bug #4073 (In Progress): gnome-terminal can't open links anymore
- I can reproduce it in plain system from official repo but not on system with local build. I have to investigate it.
- 06:24 PM Feature #4093 (Rejected): l7-filter inclusion with iptables
- It is for Linux Netfilter only, there is no support for ipf in l7-filter.
- 11:51 AM Bug #4098 (Closed): GNU parted "crash" (well, sort of)
- When running parted on my eSATA-connected hard drive I get the following output:
- 08:40 AM Bug #782 (New): automake package does not install `automake`
- This bug is not resolved.
- 07:02 AM Bug #4096 (Closed): The OpenIndiana installer does not accept multiple Solaris type partitions
- When wanting to customize a computer with both Linux and OpenIndiana systems, a swap partition (code 0x82) is needed ...
- 05:07 PM Feature #4094 (Resolved): Standarize on Nvidia 304.108 driver
- Standardize on Nvidia 304.108 driver to minimize graphic driver issues and to continually support legacy Nvidia graph...
- 02:27 PM Bug #1441 (Feedback): cpqary3 driver is old and causes panic in oi_151
- An open source 'hpsa/ccsi-based' driver is now being ported by Keith Wesolowski @ Joyent. This will supercede the cur...
- 12:55 PM Feature #4093 (Rejected): l7-filter inclusion with iptables
- Can l7-filter the application layer feature be included either via the standard repository or sfw repository. The l7-...
- 02:13 PM Bug #4087 (Closed): OI_151a8 /hipster Mercurial 2.7 not working properly
- I'm using Mercurial to track a Rails project.
If I use /usr/bin/hg, it inits the repo incorrectly and doesn't add an...
- 07:02 AM Bug #4035: Update from 151a7 to 151a8 inconsistent/fails
funny enough, i was able to update packages, after move to /hipster:
Made clone of current BE and boot into (so...
- 09:00 AM Bug #4074: oi_151a8 - Can't login via gui at the console (in front of keyboard)
- Hi Jon
Thank you so much for looking into this so quickly.
I am unable to login no matter which user I use.
- 11:01 PM Bug #745 (Closed): subshell redirections which read stdin become unstoppable, interrupts hit the wrong process
- Verified against a Linux bash install. Seems solid.
- 10:40 PM Bug #745 (Feedback): subshell redirections which read stdin become unstoppable, interrupts hit the wrong process
- 10:11 PM Bug #745 (Closed): subshell redirections which read stdin become unstoppable, interrupts hit the wrong process
- Tested with email@example.com,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20130802T181352Z.
- 10:55 PM Bug #4068: Upgrade from oi_148 fails due to "Unknown type (conditional) in depend action"
- Forgot to mention, the first time I tried to do an image-update it asked me to update pkg, which I did.
# pkg li...
- 10:27 PM Bug #2424: Can't load X11 graphic on ATi Radeon HD 6470M
- This work requires Radeon kernel KMS work by the Illumos team/developers. We already tested and built the drivers for...
- 10:17 PM Bug #1664 (Closed): /usr/perl5/bin needs to be split into its own package
- Resolved in Illumos commit to resolve perl dependencies.
- 10:06 PM Bug #4074: oi_151a8 - Can't login via gui at the console (in front of keyboard)
- If you can log in via SSH look in your user's ~/.xsession-errors and see what's there after one of the failed logins....
- 03:53 PM Bug #4074 (Closed): oi_151a8 - Can't login via gui at the console (in front of keyboard)
- Just updated to OI from a7 to a8, after reboot at the console i tried to login as usual. Nice blue openindiana splas...
- 03:59 PM Feature #4044 (Closed): Intel Graphics Driver 2.21.x for OpenIndiana
- Updated patches based on the xorg-video-intel 2.21.15 release.
Compatible with Xnv s11u2_22 & Xnv s12_29 rev 1403 u...
- 03:06 PM Bug #4073 (Closed): gnome-terminal can't open links anymore
- In a7 and earlier, if you right-clicked a link, you could "Open Link" and your browser would open said link.
- 08:56 AM Bug #1707: bash shouldn't use access(2) for `test' builtin
- If this is a mistake in bash maybe you should file a bug upstream.
- 01:25 AM Bug #1707 (Closed): bash shouldn't use access(2) for `test' builtin
- Approved patches applied to: firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20130802T181352Z
- 09:41 PM Bug #1595 (Closed): uninitialized value in subroutine entry running autoscrub job
- Issue resolved in runtime/perl-516 [email@example.com,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20130803T055417Z] &
- 04:18 PM Bug #4071 (Closed): Text installer can only handle 12 drives
- It seems that the text installer can only handle up to 12 drives. If you have 13 or more drives, the text installer w...
- 02:55 PM Bug #4035: Update from 151a7 to 151a8 inconsistent/fails
which directions i have to take:
a) to wait for solution
b) do fresh install and merge changes
- 05:17 AM Feature #4070 (Closed): Update oi-userland versioning scheme
- h2. Current state
Currently, we have the following versioning scheme in oi-userland. Package version (VERSION,Bui...
- 07:47 PM Bug #4067: Unmounting a USB drive as a user in 151a8
- I have been able to back out of the fault by booting to a backup boot environment. The error does not exist in a bac...
- 05:15 PM Bug #4067 (Resolved): Unmounting a USB drive as a user in 151a8
- Upon upgrading from 151a7 to 151a8, I can no longer unmount a usb drive as a user. Whether I use the contextual menu...
- 05:47 PM Bug #4068 (Closed): Upgrade from oi_148 fails due to "Unknown type (conditional) in depend action"
- Following the upgrade guide here http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Upgrading+OpenIndiana
sequence so far is as follow...
- 03:56 AM Bug #4050 (In Progress): hipster: gcc-47 is missing dependencies on gnu-binutils
- 09:52 PM Bug #4064: oi_151a7 ZFS deduplication problem
- When the problem occurred, I had AVS remotely replicating to another storage server over the network (i.e., a remote ...
- 08:23 PM Bug #4064: oi_151a7 ZFS deduplication problem
- > performance was much better than before, by an order of magnitude.
That was largely due to turning off the antiv...
- 07:47 PM Bug #4064: oi_151a7 ZFS deduplication problem
- Additional information:
I restarted the storage server to clear any in-memory data, then re-enabled dedup and trie...
- 07:18 PM Bug #4064 (Closed): oi_151a7 ZFS deduplication problem
- My storage server running oi_151a7 has 16GB of RAM.
> *zpool status data1*...
- 08:35 PM Bug #4038 (In Progress): GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information.
- Fix for GConf issue found, it will be released as part of the next prestable.
- 12:28 PM Bug #4050: hipster: gcc-47 is missing dependencies on gnu-binutils
- Tested, it works correctly. Thanks.
- 06:35 AM Bug #4050 (Feedback): hipster: gcc-47 is missing dependencies on gnu-binutils
- Should be fixed in https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/commit/6806be31bd6a1fd71f3634ea9d79713ef62bfd11
- 09:52 PM Bug #4059 (Resolved): oi_151a8 does not recognize an audio CD
- I noticed this problem on two separate machines that I upgraded from oi_151a7 to oi_151a8. When I insert an audio CD...
- 01:28 PM Bug #4058 (Resolved): /hipster GNOME Connect to Server drop-down menu shows only "Custom Location"
- Upon selecting "Connect to server" under the Places menu in GNOME Desktop, the user is presented with a window contai...
- 01:25 PM Bug #4043: 151a8/dev Trash GNOME applet not visible/not working
- Also present in /hipster illumos-8a16d13 (and two previous releases) on one system that was regularly updated. The ot...
Also available in: Atom