From 2013-11-22 to 2013-12-21
- 09:40 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- Upstream bug report: http://bugs.python.org/issue20049
- 09:03 PM Bug #4411 (In Progress): Python 2.6 string issue
- The real cause was in invalid manipulation with non-ascii symbols in this module. Setting _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 only reve...
- 06:34 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 during module compilation causes this
- 06:00 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- Something is wrong with strop.so. If I recompile it by hand, it works as expected.
- 05:22 PM Bug #4411 (Closed): Python 2.6 string issue
- On latest /hipster with Python 2.6 I receive: ...
- 07:31 PM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Not sure if it is motherboard specific, but we replaced the motherboard and chip. Problems are gone.
- 09:27 PM Bug #4408: PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
- pkg info -r pkg://openindiana.org/web/php-52
State: Not installe...
- 01:05 PM Bug #4408: PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
- It was drupal package which requires php...
- 12:39 PM Bug #4408 (Closed): PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
latest php update brought new problems:...
- 02:31 AM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Problem exists also with intel nic removed; just realtec, and msi disable; in rge.conf
- 01:48 AM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Oddly if I do an ifconfig <interface> down ; ifconfig <interface> up; snoop ;
I start sending arp requests withou...
- 01:00 AM Bug #4407 (Closed): Network adapters drop.
- Have tested with add-in and on board, for some reason with my current hardware all network adapters drop. Snoop shows...
- 09:20 PM Feature #4405 (Closed): Add Apache 2.4 to hipster
can we have latest Apache (2.4) like we have latest PHP (5.4)
- 12:23 AM Feature #4274 (Closed): Decommission Thunderbird 3.1.4
- Tested both Firefox 24.0.2 & Thunderbird 24.0.2 pre-built packages from Mozilla.org site on OI. Works fine!! We can j...
- 05:26 PM Bug #4388: New IPS issues
- We should add optional dependency to package/pkg on firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-0.151.8.1 and package/pk...
- 04:52 PM Feature #4341 (Closed): Brasero 2.30.3 testing
- Patches submitted to http://pkg.opensolaris.cz JDS update project.
- 03:07 PM Bug #3732 (Closed): No Desktop during new installation
- Closing ticket. NO support for dual graphic-type platforms at this time through the Nvidia/Solaris driver. As mention...
- 02:52 PM Bug #1040 (Closed): Oi 148 text installer: ipadm (DHCP?) address object conflict creation
- We saw this in earlier versions like oi_148, but seems resolved in current snapshots of oi_151a and hipster ISO. Test...
- 02:38 PM Feature #4401 (Closed): Reporting issues via OpenIndiana browser menu
- Searching the OI wiki for "panic" does not find the Illumos instructions for issue reporting. The "Report a bug in...
- 02:31 PM Bug #4071 (Closed): Text installer can only handle 12 drives
- This is not a bug, make a feature request. Use Solaris 11.x for high-end production server needs.
- 11:43 PM Bug #1831 (Closed): Text Mode Installer can't select installation on 3TB disk
- Create a 2TB boot partition and use the other space for extended partitions. Some of the utilities are limited in ver...
- 11:15 PM Bug #2743 (Closed): sys-unconfig is legacy
- sys-unconfig is now an unsupported legacy feature. Future support in OI is optional.
"A new utility, sysconfig(1M), ...
- 10:54 PM Bug #3710 (Closed): OI 151a1 and151a7 installer seems to crash Dell's iDRAC6 Enterprise
- Dell doesn't official support OI, but we used an update IDRaC 1.95 and turned off the network card option before inst...
- 10:45 PM Bug #2225 (Closed): No documentation or default instance for nis/client or nis/server
- User error (as mentioned). Closing ticket.
NIS Docs: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/816-4556/anis1-25461/index.h...
- 10:05 PM Bug #4096 (Closed): The OpenIndiana installer does not accept multiple Solaris type partitions
- Jean - This is true, or you have to use the extended partitions - as done with Solaris 11.x.
Oracle S11.1 notes read...
- 09:45 PM Bug #1024 (Closed): Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Was fixed for oi_151 release per maintainer notes. Legacy ticket.
- 09:37 PM Feature #4115 (Closed): Transmission 2.60 upgrade
- No, on Transmission >2.60. Based on the conclusion, Transmission 2.60 is the choice and Ian updated the SFE spec to v...
- 04:41 PM Bug #4258 (Closed): Pkg fails updating in Hipster, when /opt (without onbld) is mounted on separate dataset
- Tested. Fixed in hipster 12-10-2013 ISO release.
- 05:54 AM Bug #4388: New IPS issues
- We still have package/pkg/package-manager and package/pkg/update-manager in /hipster repository. I suspect that they ...
- 09:35 PM Bug #447 (Closed): pkg fix reports hash mismatch against lib/libc.so.1
- I noted the same behavior in Solaris 11 builds so this is not OI-specific. Updates to hipster/pkg5 12-10-13 release w...
- 09:19 PM Bug #4197 (Closed): Postfix upgrade doesn't maintain some important files
- Fixed. Bumped spec to 2.10.2 and fixed group permissions.
- 08:41 PM Bug #4275: pkg.openindiana.org logo links to opensolaris.org still
- Validated. Check rebranding patches for logo links to opensolaris.org.
- 08:18 PM Bug #2716 (Closed): pkg is not updated in zones with prestable3
- Reviewed pkg -R /zones/illumos/root install -v with pkg5 (2013-12-10)/hipster. Will add
this to hipster wiki notes. ...
- 08:10 PM Bug #4388: New IPS issues
- There are some branding issues in new IPS.
1) Man page references to SunOS 5.12 should be renamed to SunOS 5.11
- 08:04 PM Bug #4388 (Closed): New IPS issues
- This is a bug to collect issues of new IPS version.
- 08:08 PM Bug #2664 (Closed): pkg update reports manifest hash failure
- You can do 'pkg -R <BE mountpoint> image-update' or use Youtube guides like 'Updating a system with the Image Packagi...
- 08:01 PM Bug #3274 (Closed): Can't upgrade packages from MBL publisher to sfe-encumbered version
- Can't duplicate due to closure of MBLrepo. Issue observed was conflicting packages which is resolved in other pkgmgrs...
- 07:55 PM Bug #1064 (Closed): image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Using the slide info from Oracle on B.E. setup and usage to update systems versus Live images issue. Will post this w...
- 07:47 PM Bug #2979 (Closed): pkg -r --license does not show remote license after system was rebooted.
- Tested. First set up remote publisher to query. Then 'pkg info -r <packagename>' to ensure it contacts the remote or ...
- 07:18 PM Bug #889 (Closed): g11n packages have doubly incorrect facets
- pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il is now defunct. Closing ticket.
- 07:06 PM Bug #4138 (Closed): Update fails if /opt is mounted from other disk
- 06:21 PM Bug #4138: Update fails if /opt is mounted from other disk
- Please update to newer pkg5 release in hipster and retest your issue.
Similar/Duplicate issue like 4258. Consolidatin...
- 07:03 PM Bug #2651 (Closed): pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Reviewed for OI-hipster/pkg 12-10-13. Check /var/pkg and other directories and things were still intact. Noted user m...
- 06:59 PM Bug #1498 (Closed): pkg command error message is wrong.
- Retested this is for OI hipster/pkg (12-10-13). Seems to work properly.
- 06:53 PM Bug #4387 (Closed): Latest /hipster broke package/pkg/update-manager
- A few things are being revised or phased out with any packagemanager GUI-related feature with the newer pkg5 release ...
- 09:14 AM Bug #4387 (Closed): Latest /hipster broke package/pkg/update-manager
have updated to latest /hipster: ...
- 06:41 PM Feature #3562 (Closed): Build environment on LiveDVD
- LiveDVD uses mounted filesystem for builds and with privileged user for compiler purposes. Need to expand avail RAM f...
- 06:23 PM Bug #4258 (In Progress): Pkg fails updating in Hipster, when /opt (without onbld) is mounted on separate dataset
- Please update to newer pkg5 release in hipster and retest your issue.
- 05:23 PM Bug #1482 (Closed): S11x branding in 151a packagemanager/pm-updatemanager
- Packagemanager GUI decommissioned. Issue resolved.
- 05:20 PM Bug #3874 (Closed): Packagemanager core dumps with hipster
- pkg was updated in hipster, decommissioning packagemanager. Resolved. Use pkg tools in CLI for now.
- 05:18 PM Bug #1753: /usr/java/jre/lib/i386/jexec is not executable
- Need to fix runtime/java 1.6.0_26 packaging (or update to a more recent 1.6.0 version) as of 'email@example.com,5.11-0.151....
- 05:04 PM Bug #1431 (Closed): packagemanager a noop?
- packagemanager is now decommissioned by Upstream and OI. Use pkg tools within CLI.
- 05:02 PM Bug #2564 (Closed): pkg(5) download MB counter ends with strange characters
- Resolved in latest pkg release for hipster.
- 04:59 PM Bug #1706 (Closed): Error thrown by package manager when trying to add smf package
- packagemanager decommissioned by upstream. New pkg system in place.
- 04:34 PM Bug #879 (Closed): Update Manager tells I am running an Live Image
- packagemanager is now a decommissioned feature. The new pkg release n /hipster fixed this issue.
- 07:28 AM Bug #4258: Pkg fails updating in Hipster, when /opt (without onbld) is mounted on separate dataset
- Hi, and once more, but different package, here snip:...
- 07:59 PM Bug #4231 (Closed): mutt segfault at index_color+0x80()
- Reported as 'possibly' fixed in: http://bugs.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3143
- 07:56 PM Bug #205 (Closed): Crash in package manager
- 07:44 PM Bug #4177 (Closed): hipster: vim segfault in stop_insert+0x42()
- Tested & resolved. I can't reproduce the problem with the current hipster release based on current info given.
- 07:40 PM Bug #4260 (Closed): PostgreSQL update
- No testing issues reported on packages submitted to hipster repo. Closing as 'progress complete' from package maintai...
- 07:31 PM Bug #1431: packagemanager a noop?
- The Package Manager icon can be 'fixed' by modifying its command line properties to just '/usr/bin/packagemanager' wh...
- 01:53 PM Bug #4258: Pkg fails updating in Hipster, when /opt (without onbld) is mounted on separate dataset
- I experienced the same issue. As a workaround, before updating I would rename _/opt/onbld_ to _/opt/onbld.tmp_ and th...
- 12:15 PM Bug #3874: Packagemanager core dumps with hipster
- Still crashes after hipster update on 12/4/2013, same stack in core dump.
What is new is this preamble when launch...
- 09:50 AM Feature #4377 (Closed): dlc.openindiana.org still points to oi151a
- I realize that all of the other releases are _prestable, but at the point where 151a is useless for anyone who has a ...
- 06:22 AM Feature #4362: Request WPA2 for wireless NIC
- dladm works properly.
scp and zfs send/recv in LAN are too slow, only less than 2MB/s.
- 06:19 AM Feature #4362: Request WPA2 for wireless NIC
- Hi, Ken.
Yes, I want to have a try.
But could you please give me some HOWTOs.
And the next is going to learn writing ...
- 04:35 AM Bug #4375 (Closed): Several SDT probes appear to not be triggering on OI 151a8
- e.g. intbycpu.d, intoncpu.d, cpuwalk.d from the DtraceToolkit all seem to not work. The tracing claims to be happeni...
- 01:01 AM Feature #4362: Request WPA2 for wireless NIC
- Ref: https://bitbucket.org/enricop/illumos-gate/wiki/Home
- 02:11 AM Feature #4362 (New): Request WPA2 for wireless NIC
- I have an Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300,
My Airport Extreme requires WPA2 to let client's speed go over 54Mbit/s.
- 10:56 PM Feature #829: Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Much of the research done by me on this subject matter has culminated in a Wiki publication http://wiki.openindiana.o...
- 10:45 PM Feature #4354 (New): Update Caiman to offer split-root installations as an option
- As described in http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Advanced+-+Split-root+installation and tracked in issue #829, it is po...
- 10:36 PM Feature #4353 (New): Update Caiman installer to allow installation into an existing root pool and dataset hierarchy
- The Caiman installer, at least as I see in its gui-install form, is a binary which includes everything and allows lit...
- 05:44 PM Feature #4332 (Closed): Bump GTK+ to 2.24.22
- Won't fix due to current cross-compatibility issues.
- 07:43 AM Bug #4275: pkg.openindiana.org logo links to opensolaris.org still
- Hi all,
maybe this is NOT proper place, but...
'Device Driver Utility' (starts during OI boot from ISO or USB a...
Also available in: Atom