From 2013-12-10 to 2014-01-08
- 09:56 PM Bug #1753 (Closed): /usr/java/jre/lib/i386/jexec is not executable
- Fixed for email@example.com,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20140108T104647Z.
Java 6 being phased out to OpenJDK due to ...
- 09:27 PM Bug #4439: nmap partially broken on /hipster
- OK, it seems to be some mess on this particular test host. Have a fix for this issue.
- 09:06 PM Bug #4439: nmap partially broken on /hipster
- it seems to be a mess in nmap configure + our autoconf. Configure can't compile check script for net/route.h, becaus...
- 09:13 AM Bug #4446 (Closed): hipster: php ext gd (JPG support)
- JPG support disabled? Why?
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
- 06:04 PM Bug #4408 (Closed): PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
- Ensure your PHP 5.4.23 is properly installed with the correct extra PHP components. 'Cleaning' of the hipster IPS wi...
- 05:55 PM Bug #4407 (Closed): Network adapters drop.
- Closed ticket.
- 12:35 PM Bug #4439 (Closed): nmap partially broken on /hipster
nmap utility is partially broken: some options require root privileges, and those return no result:...
- 12:50 PM Bug #4100: GNOME panel and menus mostly empty (151a8)
- Just noticed that the new manpage has some useful information, as well...
- 08:35 PM Feature #4438 (Closed): Jitsi (Open Source Skype replacement)
- Can Jitsi be included into future builds of OpenIndiana/IllumOS as this is being adopted by the Linux distributions. ...
- 05:59 PM Bug #4100: GNOME panel and menus mostly empty (151a8)
- Well, yes, multi-user login to a server (headless or otherwise) via extremely thin clients.
Currently, when root (...
- 04:03 AM Bug #4100: GNOME panel and menus mostly empty (151a8)
- Richard PALO wrote:
> I believe the RBAC observation is still pertinent.
> What I can't seem to locate in the o...
- 09:04 AM Bug #4197: Postfix upgrade doesn't maintain some important files
hate to update closed ticket, but I have noticed problems:
even if sendmail is disabled, some system progra...
- 07:47 PM Feature #4419 (Closed): Bump to GNOME 3.10.2
- OI is using OI_JDS based on GNOME 2.32.1. The decision uses Milan's http://hg.opensolaris.cz/oi-jds work. Initial mig...
- 09:48 AM Bug #4100: GNOME panel and menus mostly empty (151a8)
- I believe the RBAC observation is still pertinent.
What I can't seem to locate in the oi-jds tree are the updates ...
- 11:53 PM Bug #4433: Green screen on startup, but nothing else
- I forgot to mention that it was the latest 151a8 install that this was occurring on. It has been a long time since I...
- 09:07 PM Bug #4433 (Closed): Green screen on startup, but nothing else
- I was trying to install OpenIndiana onto a an old Shuttle SS51G with
2GB of ddr. It has a Celeron 1.7 GHz. I know ...
- 10:40 PM Bug #4261: /hipster: audiohd devices problem
- Hi Ken,
proposed solution is NOT possible:...
- 12:19 PM Bug #4261 (Closed): /hipster: audiohd devices problem
- Two ways to resolve this is either at the CLI level which is the audio/sound.conf file of Boomer and the order of the...
- 01:27 PM Bug #4429 (In Progress): hipster: after last recompilation Apache PHP 5.4 32-bit module crashes on startup
- It seems the issue was caused by bdb update (not sure, but at least apr and apache data types were incompatible). Aft...
- 08:10 AM Bug #4429: hipster: after last recompilation Apache PHP 5.4 32-bit module crashes on startup
- It's definitely not a _FILE_OFFSET_BITS issue in php. It is set correctly.
- 11:36 AM Feature #4401 (Closed): Reporting issues via OpenIndiana browser menu
- Resolved & Closed. Provided info for OI bug reporting on wiki:
- 09:36 PM Bug #4429 (Closed): hipster: after last recompilation Apache PHP 5.4 32-bit module crashes on startup
- After last update something is wrong with 32-bit php module. It crashes on startup.
I suppose _FILE_OFFSET_BITS iss...
- 11:17 PM Feature #4419 (Closed): Bump to GNOME 3.10.2
- The GNOME 3.10.2 desktop environment will allow Illumos-based distros to use modern GNOME apps and provide high resol...
- 07:36 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- They consider this to be illumos libc bug. After reading http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7999959899/functions/is...
- 06:56 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- Note that isupper(), and islower() should return false for non-ASCII characters in the C locale. In other locales YM...
- 06:51 PM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Ok, I can't *close* this for some reason. If I move it to illumos proper, I can. But someone else in OI can also cl...
- 06:49 PM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Sounds like a hardware problem without enough detail to reproduce or diagnose.
- 09:40 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- Upstream bug report: http://bugs.python.org/issue20049
- 09:03 PM Bug #4411 (In Progress): Python 2.6 string issue
- The real cause was in invalid manipulation with non-ascii symbols in this module. Setting _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 only reve...
- 06:34 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 during module compilation causes this
- 06:00 PM Bug #4411: Python 2.6 string issue
- Something is wrong with strop.so. If I recompile it by hand, it works as expected.
- 05:22 PM Bug #4411 (Closed): Python 2.6 string issue
- On latest /hipster with Python 2.6 I receive: ...
- 07:31 PM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Not sure if it is motherboard specific, but we replaced the motherboard and chip. Problems are gone.
- 09:27 PM Bug #4408: PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
- pkg info -r pkg://openindiana.org/web/php-52
State: Not installe...
- 01:05 PM Bug #4408: PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
- It was drupal package which requires php...
- 12:39 PM Bug #4408 (Closed): PHP 5.4 conflicts with PHP 5.2 on /hipster
latest php update brought new problems:...
- 02:31 AM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Problem exists also with intel nic removed; just realtec, and msi disable; in rge.conf
- 01:48 AM Bug #4407: Network adapters drop.
- Oddly if I do an ifconfig <interface> down ; ifconfig <interface> up; snoop ;
I start sending arp requests withou...
- 01:00 AM Bug #4407 (Closed): Network adapters drop.
- Have tested with add-in and on board, for some reason with my current hardware all network adapters drop. Snoop shows...
- 09:20 PM Feature #4405 (Closed): Add Apache 2.4 to hipster
can we have latest Apache (2.4) like we have latest PHP (5.4)
- 12:23 AM Feature #4274 (Closed): Decommission Thunderbird 3.1.4
- Tested both Firefox 24.0.2 & Thunderbird 24.0.2 pre-built packages from Mozilla.org site on OI. Works fine!! We can j...
- 05:26 PM Bug #4388: New IPS issues
- We should add optional dependency to package/pkg on firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-0.151.8.1 and package/pk...
- 04:52 PM Feature #4341 (Closed): Brasero 2.30.3 testing
- Patches submitted to http://pkg.opensolaris.cz JDS update project.
- 03:07 PM Bug #3732 (Closed): No Desktop during new installation
- Closing ticket. NO support for dual graphic-type platforms at this time through the Nvidia/Solaris driver. As mention...
- 02:52 PM Bug #1040 (Closed): Oi 148 text installer: ipadm (DHCP?) address object conflict creation
- We saw this in earlier versions like oi_148, but seems resolved in current snapshots of oi_151a and hipster ISO. Test...
- 02:38 PM Feature #4401 (Closed): Reporting issues via OpenIndiana browser menu
- Searching the OI wiki for "panic" does not find the Illumos instructions for issue reporting. The "Report a bug in...
- 02:31 PM Bug #4071 (Closed): Text installer can only handle 12 drives
- This is not a bug, make a feature request. Use Solaris 11.x for high-end production server needs.
- 11:43 PM Bug #1831 (Closed): Text Mode Installer can't select installation on 3TB disk
- Create a 2TB boot partition and use the other space for extended partitions. Some of the utilities are limited in ver...
- 11:15 PM Bug #2743 (Closed): sys-unconfig is legacy
- sys-unconfig is now an unsupported legacy feature. Future support in OI is optional.
"A new utility, sysconfig(1M), ...
- 10:54 PM Bug #3710 (Closed): OI 151a1 and151a7 installer seems to crash Dell's iDRAC6 Enterprise
- Dell doesn't official support OI, but we used an update IDRaC 1.95 and turned off the network card option before inst...
- 10:45 PM Bug #2225 (Closed): No documentation or default instance for nis/client or nis/server
- User error (as mentioned). Closing ticket.
NIS Docs: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/816-4556/anis1-25461/index.h...
- 10:05 PM Bug #4096 (Closed): The OpenIndiana installer does not accept multiple Solaris type partitions
- Jean - This is true, or you have to use the extended partitions - as done with Solaris 11.x.
Oracle S11.1 notes read...
- 09:45 PM Bug #1024 (Closed): Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Was fixed for oi_151 release per maintainer notes. Legacy ticket.
- 09:37 PM Feature #4115 (Closed): Transmission 2.60 upgrade
- No, on Transmission >2.60. Based on the conclusion, Transmission 2.60 is the choice and Ian updated the SFE spec to v...
- 04:41 PM Bug #4258 (Closed): Pkg fails updating in Hipster, when /opt (without onbld) is mounted on separate dataset
- Tested. Fixed in hipster 12-10-2013 ISO release.
- 05:54 AM Bug #4388: New IPS issues
- We still have package/pkg/package-manager and package/pkg/update-manager in /hipster repository. I suspect that they ...
- 09:35 PM Bug #447 (Closed): pkg fix reports hash mismatch against lib/libc.so.1
- I noted the same behavior in Solaris 11 builds so this is not OI-specific. Updates to hipster/pkg5 12-10-13 release w...
- 09:19 PM Bug #4197 (Closed): Postfix upgrade doesn't maintain some important files
- Fixed. Bumped spec to 2.10.2 and fixed group permissions.
- 08:41 PM Bug #4275: pkg.openindiana.org logo links to opensolaris.org still
- Validated. Check rebranding patches for logo links to opensolaris.org.
- 08:18 PM Bug #2716 (Closed): pkg is not updated in zones with prestable3
- Reviewed pkg -R /zones/illumos/root install -v with pkg5 (2013-12-10)/hipster. Will add
this to hipster wiki notes. ...
- 08:10 PM Bug #4388: New IPS issues
- There are some branding issues in new IPS.
1) Man page references to SunOS 5.12 should be renamed to SunOS 5.11
- 08:04 PM Bug #4388 (Closed): New IPS issues
- This is a bug to collect issues of new IPS version.
- 08:08 PM Bug #2664 (Closed): pkg update reports manifest hash failure
- You can do 'pkg -R <BE mountpoint> image-update' or use Youtube guides like 'Updating a system with the Image Packagi...
- 08:01 PM Bug #3274 (Closed): Can't upgrade packages from MBL publisher to sfe-encumbered version
- Can't duplicate due to closure of MBLrepo. Issue observed was conflicting packages which is resolved in other pkgmgrs...
- 07:55 PM Bug #1064 (Closed): image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Using the slide info from Oracle on B.E. setup and usage to update systems versus Live images issue. Will post this w...
- 07:47 PM Bug #2979 (Closed): pkg -r --license does not show remote license after system was rebooted.
- Tested. First set up remote publisher to query. Then 'pkg info -r <packagename>' to ensure it contacts the remote or ...
- 07:18 PM Bug #889 (Closed): g11n packages have doubly incorrect facets
- pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il is now defunct. Closing ticket.
- 07:06 PM Bug #4138 (Closed): Update fails if /opt is mounted from other disk
- 06:21 PM Bug #4138: Update fails if /opt is mounted from other disk
- Please update to newer pkg5 release in hipster and retest your issue.
Similar/Duplicate issue like 4258. Consolidatin...
- 07:03 PM Bug #2651 (Closed): pkg image format update shafts /var/pkg
- Reviewed for OI-hipster/pkg 12-10-13. Check /var/pkg and other directories and things were still intact. Noted user m...
- 06:59 PM Bug #1498 (Closed): pkg command error message is wrong.
- Retested this is for OI hipster/pkg (12-10-13). Seems to work properly.
- 06:53 PM Bug #4387 (Closed): Latest /hipster broke package/pkg/update-manager
- A few things are being revised or phased out with any packagemanager GUI-related feature with the newer pkg5 release ...
- 09:14 AM Bug #4387 (Closed): Latest /hipster broke package/pkg/update-manager
have updated to latest /hipster: ...
- 06:41 PM Feature #3562 (Closed): Build environment on LiveDVD
- LiveDVD uses mounted filesystem for builds and with privileged user for compiler purposes. Need to expand avail RAM f...
- 06:23 PM Bug #4258 (In Progress): Pkg fails updating in Hipster, when /opt (without onbld) is mounted on separate dataset
- Please update to newer pkg5 release in hipster and retest your issue.
- 05:23 PM Bug #1482 (Closed): S11x branding in 151a packagemanager/pm-updatemanager
- Packagemanager GUI decommissioned. Issue resolved.
- 05:20 PM Bug #3874 (Closed): Packagemanager core dumps with hipster
- pkg was updated in hipster, decommissioning packagemanager. Resolved. Use pkg tools in CLI for now.
- 05:18 PM Bug #1753: /usr/java/jre/lib/i386/jexec is not executable
- Need to fix runtime/java 1.6.0_26 packaging (or update to a more recent 1.6.0 version) as of 'email@example.com,5.11-0.151....
- 05:04 PM Bug #1431 (Closed): packagemanager a noop?
- packagemanager is now decommissioned by Upstream and OI. Use pkg tools within CLI.
- 05:02 PM Bug #2564 (Closed): pkg(5) download MB counter ends with strange characters
- Resolved in latest pkg release for hipster.
- 04:59 PM Bug #1706 (Closed): Error thrown by package manager when trying to add smf package
- packagemanager decommissioned by upstream. New pkg system in place.
- 04:34 PM Bug #879 (Closed): Update Manager tells I am running an Live Image
- packagemanager is now a decommissioned feature. The new pkg release n /hipster fixed this issue.
Also available in: Atom