From 2020-08-31 to 2020-09-29
- 08:41 AM Feature #13188 (New): /hipster: Update LUA for NMAP
- 02:11 AM Bug #13187 (Closed): Libreoffice breaks man
- After installing the package desktop/office/libreoffice on one of my systems, I got this peculiar behavior:...
- 05:34 PM Bug #9898 (Closed): bootadm update-archive output: WARNING: ELF file /a/kernel/drv/amd64_gart is 32-bit and will be excluded
- 08:13 AM Bug #9898: bootadm update-archive output: WARNING: ELF file /a/kernel/drv/amd64_gart is 32-bit and will be excluded
- Michal Nowak wrote:
> When installing OI via text ins...
- 05:32 PM Bug #9254 (Closed): BTX halted at boot time
- 08:25 AM Bug #9254: BTX halted at boot time
- > Is this issue still actual or can it be closed?
It can be closed.
I could not fix it with oi, so I switched t...
- 08:15 AM Bug #9254: BTX halted at boot time
- Priyadarshan G.D. wrote:
> The workstation was booting fine via UEFI. FreeBSD 11 installed on the only SSD disk (Sam...
- 05:32 PM Bug #9977 (Closed): Unable to boot from new BE since end of October 2018
- 09:25 AM Bug #9977: Unable to boot from new BE since end of October 2018
- Close the bug as no longer applicable
- 07:01 AM Bug #9977: Unable to boot from new BE since end of October 2018
- r a wrote:
> I am currently running OpenIndiana Hipster illumos-229852ddf2 created on the 11th August 2018, I have s...
- 05:31 PM Bug #12928 (Closed): Reboot after Panic : BAD TRAP: type=d (#gp General protection) rp=ffffff00651ad960 addr=0
- 09:38 AM Bug #12928: Reboot after Panic : BAD TRAP: type=d (#gp General protection) rp=ffffff00651ad960 addr=0
- Since pdating the Nvidia driver to NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-450.66.run no further savecores have been generated on boot. Pl...
- 06:56 AM Bug #12020 (Rejected): loader should be configured for serial console
- 11:24 PM Bug #13186: Regression: MATE Desktop Volume slider stopped working after git commit #6093
- I will go through everything listed here on each system, but there will be a several day gap between systems.
- 01:43 PM Bug #13186: Regression: MATE Desktop Volume slider stopped working after git commit #6093
- One thing about pulseaudio that I forgot to mention is that it stores information in each user's home directory. If ...
- 12:30 AM Bug #13186: Regression: MATE Desktop Volume slider stopped working after git commit #6093
- There are two mouse-driven audio controls on OI's Mate desktop. Last time I checked, they both worked. If you are r...
- 08:23 PM Bug #13186: Regression: MATE Desktop Volume slider stopped working after git commit #6093
- In order to investigate further we need more information. Eg., can you tell us more about your hardware?
Are there m...
- 03:51 AM Bug #13186 (New): Regression: MATE Desktop Volume slider stopped working after git commit #6093
- After the recent change for pulse to support an oss device that isn't the first one, the main MATE volume control no ...
- 02:52 PM Bug #13122: x11/diagnostic/dpyinfo manifest has bad character encoding
- I tried to update again. I got 1 install and 429 updates. The problem remains.
I had to hack the pkg engine to get...
- 11:30 AM Bug #13122: x11/diagnostic/dpyinfo manifest has bad character encoding
- userland-incorporation updated 04.sep.2020 branch 2020.0.1.13390
The version of dpyinfo is included in the file name...
- 07:05 AM Bug #12087: /hipster: pulseaudio 13 problem
- Seems it is fixed in https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/6093
- 07:04 AM Bug #11678: /hipster: pulseaudio problems (again, this time v12.2)
- Seems fixed in https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/6093
- 05:48 PM Bug #9732: Pulseaudio always uses the first audio device
- With considerable help from Andreas Wacknitz, I have now created a PR for my pulseaudio changes. You can find it her...
- 08:26 PM Bug #13116: virtualbox guest display corrupted
- here's something a bit more descriptive
oh right this _is_ 6.1.8
- 07:31 PM Bug #9732: Pulseaudio always uses the first audio device
- Gary, I can either create a PR with your changes or can guide you through the process. I think it would be well inves...
- 07:04 PM Bug #12911 (Resolved): gtk2 ABI breakage (more incidents)
- 07:04 PM Bug #13073: openindiana should not deliver almost any static/archive libraries
- When no dynamic version of a library is available we need the static one. Our PostgreSQL developer packages have such...
- 07:00 PM Bug #13122: x11/diagnostic/dpyinfo manifest has bad character encoding
- When have you updated your OI installion last? We had this kind of problem in the past but it has been fixed with a p...
- 06:56 PM Bug #13112: Pluma frequently crashing
- We have updated the whole Mate desktop a few days ago. Can you check whether the bugs are still present?
- 09:37 PM Bug #9732: Pulseaudio always uses the first audio device
- I've completed my cleanup and testing. It was completely successful.
With the new patches, pulseaudio handles mul...
- 05:59 AM Bug #13116: virtualbox guest display corrupted
I did an "pkg update" yesterday for Openindiana to reproduce. I have yersterday's Kernel illumos-9dc804b9db, ...
- 11:58 PM Bug #9732: Pulseaudio always uses the first audio device
- I've updated my patches for version 13.0 of pulseaudio. The purpose of these patches is to accomodate systems that h...
- 03:02 PM Bug #13122 (New): x11/diagnostic/dpyinfo manifest has bad character encoding
- pkg info ## fails with exception
pkg: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\u2212' in position 28: ordinal not in r...
- 10:44 AM Feature #12865: Could you package openjdk11 and later LTS version?
- Thank you Franklin.
Do illumos derived systems have a preferred location for jars provided by pkg?
- 06:56 PM Bug #13114: Please port Eclipse to OpenIndiana
- I have not had any problem with geany.
I have just built netbeans 12.0 and it works; but complains about openJDK 1...
- 12:31 AM Feature #12865: Could you package openjdk11 and later LTS version?
- I'm working on this port of OpenJDK 11. You can assign this task to me. I will have to port OpenJDK 10 and 9 as well,...
- 09:04 PM Bug #13116: virtualbox guest display corrupted
- enabling a serial console where possible and/or remote access works as expected once networking is configured for guest
- 04:25 PM Bug #13116 (New): virtualbox guest display corrupted
- updated to virtualbox 6.1.14 after being locked out for a while due to lack of HMA support. guest video output is cor...
- 08:30 PM Bug #12965: starting Lightdm triggers reboot when graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1650
- Updated to illumos-8515d72326 and Nvidia Solaris Driver 450.66 the same problem of the system rebooting when attempti...
- 04:56 PM Bug #13114: Please port Eclipse to OpenIndiana
- Last Eclipse version with a Solaris build, but it's not work on OI. It core dumped immediately after run.
- 04:54 PM Bug #13114: Please port Eclipse to OpenIndiana
- Please note that CodeBlocks is also built and working fine on OI. But I can't get the code completion to work, so I n...
- 04:52 PM Bug #13114: Please port Eclipse to OpenIndiana
- The FreeBSD's patches are on the files directory on said repo. I forgot to mention that.
- 04:51 PM Bug #13114 (New): Please port Eclipse to OpenIndiana
- On OI, there is no usable IDE. One has to use advanced editors like Geany, Emacs and Vim to emulate an IDE. This is a...
- 04:41 PM Bug #13113 (New): Emacs pure storage overflow warning on startup
- Please fix your build, thanks.
- 04:37 PM Bug #13112 (New): Pluma frequently crashing
- I don't know the cause, but simply open a file, edit it, click to close the current file, then click to close pluma, ...
- 05:27 AM Feature #13004: Please update to newer Firefox!
- This old FF is problematic with github. Please update it to the latest ESR. Thanks.
- 05:26 AM Feature #13006: Need working Chineese ibus input method
- The default system includes only ibus and ibus/anthy. Is there any Japanese developers? I don't see the point of havi...
- 05:24 AM Bug #13005: Poor quality audio
- I have set the volume to 100 but it's still very small:
audioctl set-control -d audiohd#0 volume 100
- 07:33 PM Bug #12809: VirtualBox 6.1.8 errors attempting to start VM
- Updated to latest OpenIndiana Hipster release 2nd September 2020 illumos-8515d72326 having previously created
- 05:19 PM Bug #13074: Unable to install from CD/DVD image to Oracle VM Server 3.4.6 hypervisor
- Hi Scott, I'm sure off hand on that, sorry. I don't work on OI specifically (just saw that this was related to work I...
- 05:13 PM Bug #13099 (New): rustc dependency on gcc-7 not required
- On a new install of OI 2020.4 I installed rustc, then ran `cargo new foo`, then `cargo run foo`....
- 07:25 PM Bug #12809: VirtualBox 6.1.8 errors attempting to start VM
- Performed an update to create a new BE, created the /etc/system.d/hma file but kernel parameter not recognised.
- 02:51 PM Bug #12859: pkg sometimes hangs for nothing
- The program top is probably not well suited for your use case. Try ps -p $(pgrep pkg) or ps aux | grep pkg
- 05:46 PM Bug #12809: VirtualBox 6.1.8 errors attempting to start VM
- Now that 13022 is integrated, Virtualbox can again be used on OpenIndiana with the appropriate setting in /etc/system...
Also available in: Atom