11220 Want support for hyper-v
Review Request #1990 — Created June 8, 2019 and updated — Latest diff uploaded
For reference, this wad includes:
- DLPX-52519 DxOS needs support for Hyper-V drivers
- DLPX-52831 guid is leaked in storvsc_config_one
- AZ-307 rem_drv of hv_storvsc driver hangs
- AZ-308 Storvsc driver needs polling capability.
- ATA reads timeout after Azure update
- Fix missing mutex_exit() calls.
And a couple of very minor updates from OmniOS to cater for changes in gate:
- Adjust hyperv for new C99 Makefile macros
- Remove duplicate definition of __packed
- Do not package 32bit kernel drivers
This batch represents the initial code drop from Delphix. It works generally well, but it has the following known issues:
- Panics if booted in a VM with a single virtual CPU
- Panics if booted with low memory (< 1GiB)
- Occasionally panics on first boot
- Time-sync does not function and error messages are logged
- Console output is too verbose
These are fixed in OmniOS and will be addressed in follow-up issues/RTIs.
In addition to being used to run Delphix in Azure, These drivers have been running in various OmniOS development VMs under Hyper-V on Windows 10 since they were integrated.